Episode 2 Weakling

"This is worrying." Bardock grumbled as he took his new scanner off my incubation pod.

I fell asleep soon after Bardock arrived after my 'birth', so I've been in and out of it all this time. Still, they apparently moved me from the hospital or whatever the Saiyans call it to what I can only describe as their incubation pod at their home. My 'new home', I suppose. It was a weird feeling at first, being inside the pod. It felt like I was in the womb again (and I didn't even know I was inside Gine before I was born), but I soon got used to it. When I finally regained a semblance of real consciousness, It had been a year, apparently. To say that was surprising would be an understatement. I had been asleep for a year straight! And I still feel exhausted! Sigh. I guess I'll never escape being perpetually tired.

Still, it is a bit worrying that every day since I've woken up, Bardock has been coming whenever he can to place a scanner on my pod. From what little I heard from him, that scanner he had was for determining something's battle power. It must be fairly important for Saiyans since Bardock said something about how they were a warrior race. At least, that's what I understand from what little I have heard. Kind of hard not to come to that conclusion when Bardock keeps mentioning my potential for battle.

I wouldn't really care about my own bp since that stuff sounds stupid anyway and shouldn't be used to determine a person's lot in life, but I can't help but be concerned when I constantly see Bardock grimace at what the scanner was showing him. It can't be that bad, right? Even if I'm a low-class warrior, it can't be awful, right? I mean, I'm a Saiyan now. I should at least be stronger than a normal human, right? I mean, they're an alien race, and I know they're alien because of the tails and all the sci-fi stuff I've seen so far! That's when Gine walked over to her husband with a worried look.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

"...Yeah. It's just... I'm still not getting a reading from Orion." Bardock replied. "It's like he has no potential for battle."

Uh oh... No battle power? That...doesn't sound good at all, but what do I know? Still, that's even worse than I imagined. I'm lower than a low-class. What's...going to happen to me?

"A-Are you sure it's not just a problem with the scanner?" Gine tried to ask.

"No. This is the latest model, and I tested it before I got here. And these pod scanners are better at determining a child's power level than our scout scopes are." Bardock replied with a tightened fist before he looked at me again. "...Let's take him out of the pod."

"Wh-What!? Are you sure?" Gine asked with concern.

"He's been in there long enough. Maybe staying in the pod is what's causing this. Perhaps he's stronger than the scanner is letting on. I'm sure he'll show us how strong he is once he's out on his feet." Bardock said.

Wait, I'm coming out? I don't know if that's a good idea. Of course, no one could hear my thoughts, so my opinion didn't matter, and Bardock began to drain the pod. A feeling of dread formed in my stomach as the liquid drained, leaving only me laying on the bottom of the pod. Was I...always this heavy? I couldn't tell while in the pod while it was full. I know the water gave me that weightless feeling, but this new feeling of weight seems...a bit much. I don't know if I can even move like this.

Bardock kept going as he picked me up and prepared me for life outside the pod. He put me in a standard Saiyan suit and sat me on the floor. As soon as he did, I fell to my knees immediately. Everything was so heavy. What, is this planet's gravity stronger than Earth's? Is that why everything is so heavy? But shouldn't I be having an easier time moving around here since I'm a Saiyan now? I'm still pretty young, but it shouldn't be this bad, right?