Episode 3 Saiyan Spirit

"Sir! Something has just entered Planet Vegeta's atmosphere!" A Saiyan shouted as an alarm went off in the Saiyan's spaceship port's flight control office.

"I can see that." Another Saiyan questioned. "Who is it? The ship appears to be round, meaning it's compact with only one rider."

"No clue, sir, but I believe the pod might be one of our infiltration units. The signal's id matches those found in our infiltration pods."

"An infiltration unit? We haven't had one of them return in a long time. What a rare opportunity." The second Saiyan then moved over to a radio transmitter and picked up the receiver. "Ground personnel, this is flight control. We have an infiltration unit on its way back. Prepare a landing pad for it."

That's exactly what they did. They quickly cleared the way for the pod to land safely, and then the ground personnel waited nearby for the pod to land. That's when they finally saw it. The pod shimmered with a blue aura as it soared through the air toward the landing pad. Within seconds, the pod crashed into the cushioned spot that was prepared for it, safely landing as it sank into the soft ground. After a few seconds of waiting, the pod door opened, and a gloved hand grasped the outside rim of the pod's entrance. The rider pulled himself out, and the ground personnel finally saw who this person was.

The rider was a child, and they immediately knew this person was someone they had never met, as he had distinct features that they had never seen on a Saiyan. Specifically, this person had black hair that was spiked upward with silver streaks on the edges of the hair spikes, though those spikes seemed to be curved messily to the boy's right side. And along with the silver in his hair, the boy's eyes had a silver color to match, unlike the typical pitch-black color. He was wearing a basic model of their Saiyan armor, though it seemed to be thoroughly torn, with the boy's wounds visible to the others.

With as many wounds as he had and how bad they seemed to be, they expected the Saiyan boy to show signs of pain, but this child, who looked to not be over the age of three, didn't even show any signs of discomfort. He had a completely blank expression, one that none of the other Saiyans could read what might lie beneath it. Aside from that, the boy also had a long green leaf around him like a cloak for some reason and a bag made from what looked like a spider's thread, both of which were very curious items to see.

"A year to and from Monmaasu. Go figure. That means I'm only three years old now, give or take the few months I was on Monmaasu." The boy mumbled to himself. He turned to the Saiyans, who were now staring at him and giving him an annoyed look. "What are you, my welcoming committee?"

"O-Oh. We're here to ask you who you are and confirm if you are an infiltration unit who has completed his mission." The boy gave a small scoff before replying.

"Orion. That's my name, I suppose." He then gave a scowl as he muttered something under his breath. "How you expected me to know that after you threw me out when I was a baby is beyond me."

A few of the other Saiyans were a little taken aback by that. Not only were they a little shocked by what the boy had said, but also by the tone he had used. It was cold, calculating, and above all, hiding a layer of anger and frustration. They were Saiyans, who were known to have cruel and twisted personalities, but they had never seen a child who was so young have a personality like the one this child appeared to have. Perhaps that was only because they had never seen an infiltration unit return alive. One of the older Saiyans, who didn't seem to care about the boy's cold attitude, looked the child up and down before raising an eyebrow.

"You are an infiltration unit, yet you are still just a toddler. If I had to guess, you are only three years old. How did you conquer the planet you were sent to in such a short amount of time?"