Episode 6 The Sounds of Progress

"Get out of my way!" Paragus shouted as he pushed his way out of the guards' grasp and ran into the throne room. Once he got in, Garlik told the guards to stop as Paragus got onto his knees and bowed to the king. "Forgive me for barging in. I...understand that you plan on sending Broly away. I'm told his pod will be destined for an outlined world?"

"That's correct." The king responded coldly.

"That's a fate meant for a lower-class warrior, not my son!" Paragus argued.

"On the contrary, what better way is there to prove that your son is a truly powerful warrior than by conquering an unclaimed planet on his own? After all, that's what Saiyans have always done. We subjugate valuable worlds and sell them to the highest bidder."

"But...his destination is the planetoid Vampa. It's an inhospitable world devoid of intelligent life. I don't see how we can make much of a profit on it." Paragus said. That got the king to sigh.

"The truth of the matter is that your son Broly's latent abilities are abnormally elevated. I'd go so far as to call him a freak. Some day, that power might end up driving him completely insane. When that time comes, he'll be a danger not only to the planet Vegeta, but to the entire universe. Be grateful that I'm exiling him to a faraway world and not simply ending his life."

"No... This isn't right!" Paragus yelled before it hit him. "You...! You're jealous! Because Broly's latent abilities surpass those of the prince's! That's why you're trying to exile my son!"

"Say another word, and I shall have your tongue, then kill the both of you." The king warned. "Besides, you're too late. I had the pod launch before you got here."

Paragus's eyes widened as King Vegeta's words him like a brick. His son was already gone. He wouldn't accept that. He couldn't accept it. Paragus didn't even dignify the King with a response as he ran out and lept out of the nearest window, flying to the ship docks as quickly as possible.

No one working at the docks questioned it when he landed. He was a colonel, after all. He was probably there for some kind of inspection or something. They quickly realized that wasn't the case when the colonel started stomping towards the nearest ship with the nastiest growl they had ever seen on his face. They knew something was wrong, so several of them tried to stop him, only to be pushed aside like they were nothing. Paragus just ignored them all. The only thing on his mind was saving his son. Broly was all he had now, and he was not going to lose him because of the King's fragile ego. He would have stolen a ship and flown all the way to Vampa if a certain voice didn't call out to him right before he got on the ship.

"Colonel Paragus. You're looking for your son, correct?"

Paragus was brought to a stop when he heard the question. Who could know that other than someone who worked directly under the King? And why was the voice so young? It was almost juvenile with how young this person sounded, which was only offset by the mature tone that this person spoke in. Paragus turned around to see who was speaking, only to be left a little speechless when he saw a child no more than three-four years old wearing a royal scientist uniform. The boy had silver in his hair and eyes, making him look quite different than the typical Saiyan, but the thing that caught Paragus's eyes wasn't that.

It was the look on the boy's face. The uninterested, uncaring, cold look that was far more mature than even Saiyan children. There was a knowing look in his eyes that was being kept hidden under a veil of mature focus and intelligence. But more than that, there was also something else. Something only just barely perceptible in his eyes. A pure loathing. A hatred so strong it rivaled that of Paragus's hate towards the king just moments prior. It might have even overshadowed his own hate. Paragus could tell that much just from looking at those narrow, silver eyes that stared right through him. Eyes that didn't see Paragus at all but whatever the boy wanted out of him. Eyes so focused on a goal they would watch everything burn just to achieve it. Paragus could tell, for he imagined that was the same look he had after speaking with the King.