Episode 9 One Who Holds Power

"Well... This is different." I noted as I watched from my hideout in the ceiling above the lab.

As mentioned before, I found a nice little hiding spot to avoid my bastard co-workers, which was nice since sometimes I had to come to the lab to do some work. But from here, I was able to watch the others from above. Usually, there was nothing to note and I just ignored them. However, today was radically different. There was tension in the air, and everyone seemed nervous for some reason. In fact, this is worse than when Cold came to introduce Frieza. Everyone was in a sporadic haste as they continued their work, but they were obviously distracted by something that was eating at them. Even the ones who were always so prideful and arrogant seemed...meek today.

Something was definitely wrong, but I didn't know if I cared enough to find out what exactly was happening. As far as I knew, whatever was happening had nothing to do with me. So I continued with my work on Broly's armor. However, that's when I heard someone say something. Well, it was more of a shriek.

"He's here!"

"He?" I muttered, my attention now grabbed once more. The moment some random Saiyan burst into the room and said that the entire room froze with terror. The entire room paled at the news, and suddenly I found myself growing more concerned. "Okay, seriously, what the hell is going on here? Is Frieza here now or something?"

I was worried, but once again, whatever was happening had nothing to do with me. Or so I was beginning to hope. So I tried to get back to my work, when suddenly the door slammed open once again and a voice I had never heard rang out.

"Apologies for barging in, but is there a Saiyan named Orion anywhere here?"

"Oh goddamn it." I groaned as I looked at who said that.

When I saw who it was, I blinked. And then stared before blinking again.

Is that...a purple humanoid cat?

Am I drunk? The hell is that thing? And why is there a walking blue, gay stereotype standing next to it?

While I was trying to wrap my head around the two creatures, every other Saiyan froze. They all slowly turned to look Barney the big purple cat in the eyes, before proceeding to freeze up and pale like they were staring death itself in the face. The cat didn't seem fazed by this other than tapping his fingers on his other hand as he held them behind his back, waiting patiently for a response to his query. In fact, the immediate fear seemed to amuse him, since he didn't hide a small smirk that formed soon after. The blue guy beside him hummed as he fiddled with the large staff he held in his hand.

"Oh my... Do you think that we entered the wrong room, Lord Beerus?"

"I doubt that, Whis. We were told this Orion fellow was a researcher of sorts, and this does look like the Saiyan's main laboratory. Perhaps he didn't come in today. That older gentleman did mention how he comes and goes whenever he feels like it."

"Oh, dear. If that is the case, then who will be our guide around the castle?"

So that cat's name is Beerus and the blue guy is Whis, huh? Those aren't familiar names. Although... Beer-us? Whis-ky? Really? I've started to notice that many people here had a thematic naming scheme around vegetables for some reason, even my name falling under that, but now names that sound strangely like alcoholic drinks? Are names in this world all just puns or something? Well, doesn't matter. What does matter is how there's no way in hell I'm going down there to be a tour guide for those two. I'll just stay here and continue working until I-

"If you are looking for Orion, Lord Beerus, he has a hiding spot in the ceiling. I saw him enter the castle this morning, so he is probably up there right now."