Six

Lana pov

I walked into the house as Cesar and Jamal were leaving.

"Hey" I said walking into the kitchen to see Ruby and Olivia.

Me and Olivia were in our room, she was packing clothes to go to Monse's, I guess even after everything they said they are still going to the dance.

"I'm still going to the dance, i thought you should know" Ruby said coming into the room earning in us looking at him.

"Cool" she said going back to packing.

"Also, I heard what you said about objectification and promise to respect you as a woman" I raise my eyebrow sneaking out of the room , not wanting to hear about Rubys love for Olivia.

"Abuelita" I sing sang walking into kitchen.

She raised her eyebrow turning to look at me "Yea, Lana"

I smiled going to sit on the counter "Do you think Monse and Cesar have something going on" I asked leaning my head on the cabinet.

She sighed looking at me "mi ángel, if you do love or truly like him, and he says nothing is going on you have to believe him, a relationship is built on trust, with no trust there isn't anything there"

I smiled looking at her "You're right, I'm just paranoid about it, there was stuff going on before i came and i don't wanna be used to make her jealous, te amo abuelita, you've always been so smart" I said kissing her cheek and getting off of the counter.

I walked back into our room to see Ruby holding Olivia's bag, and her following him.

I shrugged going to lay on my bed.

I grabbed my phone texting Jamal.

Lana~ wyd?

Jamal~ Deciding which pimp stick i should bring...

Lana~ YOU HAVE MORE THEN ONE?!

Jamal~ haha what no... yea maybe.

Lana~ are you coming here? cuz i dont think ruby's here

Jamal~ yuh, he said we can walk together.

Lana~ okay, I might come with you guys.

Jamal~ that's fine, i've noticed you and Cesar getting closer.

Lana~ you cant see but im rolling my eyes.

Jamal~ well you can re-do it when i get there, see you soonnnnn!

Lana~ bye bye my little weirdo.

I laughed turning my phone off and going to change into comfy clothes until Jamal or Cesar came for the dance.

I was in the living room watching tv with Abuelita when the doorbell rang, she got up going to get it and Jamal was there.

"Hi"

She let out a puff of smoke and coming to sit back down.

"What are you doing here" I asked confused.

"Im just..... waiting for Ruby" he said closing the door, and us all laughing.

"do you smell something" he asked coming to sit down making me and Abuelita sniff for something.

"No"

"my lady of Guadalupe" she said pointing at her candle making me nod.

"I didn't know it came in scents" he said making her chuckle.

"you like to date the line"

"what? no, no, no, no" i raised my eyebrow confused at him, then pointed at the TV.

"OH, dateline, oh, yeah, I, all over that" he said sitting on the couch next to me.

I sighed checking my phone to see if Cesar texted me, but nope.

"oh, my god, why are the police doing this to him? hes white!" I heard Jamal say when i came out of the bathroom.

"Because he's poor" I said flopping onto the couch.

"How's your restless leg?"

"much better, thank you"

"I'm glad, oh this is nice. You know, besides Lana, its hard to find a kindred spirit who thinks like me"

"I think Cesar forgot about me" I said laying on top of them.

"Someone who knows that the real story i always the story behind the story"

"I think he went with Monse"

"you know, like Steven Avery or Watergate or Rollerworld"

"I think he likes Monse"

"Rollerworld" Abuelita asked looking to Jamal then back at the tv.

"Jasmin sent me a photo" I said sitting up.

"what do you know about rollerworld"

"nothing" Jamal said a little to quickly.

"Its a photo of Cesar... and Monse" I said turning my phone off and sighing.

Abuelita got up and left following Jamal.

I guess, the school dance was canceled, and they had a party at Monse's.

I groaned walking into my room, screaming when I saw someone sitting on my bed.

I grabbed a shoe throwing it at them "ow, what the hell" I rolled my eyes turning on the light to see Cesar.

"get out" I said going over to my closet as he looked at me confused.

"wait, what? why?" he asked confused still sitting on my bed.

"you were with Monse, and you didn't even come here before the dance like you said"

He looked confused, until he had a look of realization on his face, making me purse my lips, sitting at my desk.

"Lana, I am so sorry, I had to do a job for Spooky and i forgot"

"but you didn't forget the dance, or monse."

"Lana please, i've realized tonight i don't want anyone but you, Monse said i wasn't safe" he said as I sighed going to sit next to him.

"sh-she said i wasn't safe Lana, I don't wanna be around anyone anymore, maybe i should stay away from you"

I looked at him as I was chewing on my lip "Cesar, she was drunk, I'm sure she doesn't mean it"

He shook his head turning to me "she only had one drink, she wasn't drunk, she meant what she said"

"I dont think youre not safe, I think you might have your own reason to be doing what you're doing" I said as he laid his head in my lap, I began playing with his hair.

"I can't be  your second choice, i'm not going to sit here and wait for Monse to mess up so you can run to me"

"I know Lana, ive messed up but ive realized i do really wanna be with you, and no one else"

"Cesar"

"Yea Lana'

"Promise from now on i wont be your second choice"

"I promise" he responded immediately.

We were laying in silence, until he turned to look at me.

"Lana"

"yea Cesar"

"Promise me you wont leave"

"I promise"

He smiled kissing my forehead

"Goodnight Cesar Diaz" i whispered.

"Goodnight Lana Riley Martinez Diaz"

I smiled shaking my head and closing my eyes seeing him fall asleep.