Charming genie (Strange stay)

Y/n's pov

Me and Kalim really had a blast on the magical carpet.

Jamil had something to discuss with him before dinner so I left for the lounge with Grim who glared at me like I was a traitor or something.

"Is everyone present? The housewarden has an announcement for you before we eat."

'Hah. I'm gonna be alone again... No! Don't beat yourself up! You've been alone before. You can endure it again.'

"......I decreed that the students of Scarabia would stay in the dorm over winter break for a voluntary six hours of daily studying, if you recall. But I've realized something. That's nowhere NEAR enough!" Kalim had an authoritarian voice.

'This is off...'

"Kalim? I thought you were going to send the students home." Jamil seemed surprised too.

"A mere six hours a day won't be anywhere near enough to close the gap between our dorm and the others. We must work twice—no, FIVE times as hard as the others to drag ourselves out from dead last in grades! Starting tomorrow, I'm tasking all of you with five hours of study time and four hours of practical training each day."

"Kalim! You can't be serious." I looked him in the eyes and... that's weird.

I went closer to him, to his confusion and tried to touch-

"What are you-"

"Y/n!" Jamil grabbed me before I could go further. "Please, don't bother him when he's in this state." He seemed agitated.

"There will be a defense magic training drill after dinner. Eat up and ready yourselves! Y/n and Grim since you two are visiting, your participation is mandatory!"

I was still perplexed but Jamil didn't let go of my hand. He must care.

In the end, everybody seemed tired.

"That will be all for today. Tomorrow morning, we march to the eastern oasis, where I will put you through your paces!"

I was still frowning at his new attitude. 

Jamil seemed to notice "I imagine when we placed last in the Spelldrive interdorms, and then Scarabia collectively scored at the bottom of exams... He must have felt personally responsible. He's had terrible mood swings ever since."

"I have mood swings but this... this is just weird."

"I've known him a long time, but that volatile temper has left me stumped as to how to approach him. He'll say one thing, then do something else the next minute. The way he goes on these power trips without warning is out of control. The whole dorm used to look up to our housewarden, but this odd behavior has us all scratching our heads. He's been making unreasonable demands, as you just saw... I fear it's only a matter of time before the students reach the end of their rope. I've done what I can to smooth things over, but this has gone beyond my ability to handle alone."

"Should I go talk to him, personally?"

'Genie~' "You truly are a diamond in the rough! But we should wait tomorrow before trying anything. I'll show you to your room for now."

I picked up an exhausted Grim as Jamil led us to our quarters.

"Why did you accept to help them?!"

"It's just my nature, grimmy boy. I am not a coward who will just run away when I can help others." I said as my eyes glowed orange gold.

Grim stayed silent before grumbling "Ugh fine..."

Grim was sleeping while I was doing yoga before 6 a.m. When I was done, I wanted to change back but realized I only had my winter outfit while we're in a tropical climate now. I can just-