Intemporal queen (Training camp)

Grim was eating his lovely tuna while Y/n was practicing their flying yoga poses. Rook and Vil were already here as the former watched with shiny eyes and the later analyzed and took pictures.

They descended when they smelled something "The kids are here."

We went to the door to welcome them.

"Wow, this is full of tech and it's big too. I think I can ride my magic carpet around." Kalim looked around.

"Kalim, I don't mind if we ride it outside but please don't do it inside." Y/n told him.

Jamil sighed "Thank you for being so comprehensive, genie. Is this residence secure enough?"

"Well... since I almost destroyed everything with my voice once, I fortified the entire residence with magic so it's totally safe."

Jamil nodded "Good, looks like I won't have to worry too much."

"You're so paranoid, Jamil. We haven't had a single assassination attempt on campus since I enrolled." Kalim brushed it off.

"It's not you I'm worried about; it's me, if anything happens to you. Just because you were safe yesterday doesn't mean you'll be safe today."

Y/n chuckled as Ace and Deuce arrived too, greeting them. Deuce then gave them some boxes.

"What are those?" They opened then closed them as they realized those were sweets.

"It's a homemade chocolate cake and some apple pie, courtesy of Trey. He said if we were imposing on another dorm's hospitality, we should at least bring gifts. What is he, our mom? We can split it with everybody later." Ace said.

Grim seemed excited but Y/n cut it off with a sorry look "Sorry. As much as I love Trey and his cooking, none of us will have those and Grim, you already have your tuna."

Grim pouted but said nothing as he indeed had his tuna.

"Gracious. Trey never changes, does he? He's the type of man one must truly watch himself around—the kind who spoils people rotten under the guise of knowing what's best." Vil sighed.

"Yeah, I know. Like, I'd take this man as husband but I'd have to be careful or I'll become too sweet addicted with him." Y/n added. "Vil will explain everything to you."

In the living room, they all opened their luggages as per Vil's request.

"...I knew it. Spudlings One and Two—would you care to explain these stashes of junk food and carbonated beverages? I see cookies, sugary candy, and chocolate bars."

"Sometimes I need a midnight snack." Deuce said.

"Since we're staying together for training camp, I thought it'd be nice to share some with Y/n and the others." Ace added.

"And Kalim—containers of food comprise over half your luggage!"

"Yup! These are fried dough balls and a pastry called kanafeh. I had Jamil make them for me. They go great with nuts, cheese, and cream on top. I was going to share them with the group!"

"Jamil, you didn't pack any food, but what is this large cloth bundle?"

"It's a set of potions and medicinal herbs, so that I can formulate antidotes in the event of an emergency. I'm sure you've got that covered with your mastery of potionology, but one can never be too careful with these things."

"That seems a bit...morbid. But no matter, I suppose. Epel, I trust that you knew better than to bring any candy?"

"Um... Y-yes, sir. But... I did bring a small snack. Dried apple chips. I made them myself."

"Nuts and dried fruits are acceptable in moderation. Lastly, Rook... I trust you. Really, I do. But your luggage consists of a single photo album—a thick tome, at that. Care to explain?"

"Ha ha. This is but a record of my life's work. I prefer to keep it close. It's a bit private. Opening it in front of everyone would be quite embarrassing..."

"Now, I wanna see it..." Y/n said.

"Schatz, no. Now then, with that out of the way... I hereby confiscate every sugar- and flour-based snack and drink present!"

They tried arguing.

"What do you think this training camp is for? Your minds and bodies must all be polished to a mirror sheen for VDC. And mirrors must be unclouded, devoid of blemishes. Monosaccharides and oligosaccharides contribute to lethargy, while fats and spices can incite acneic breakouts. For the next four weeks, from now until the show, I am banning all snacks that detract from an optimum nutritional intake!"

"What?!" Kalim was at a lost.

"Sugar bad for body and mind, vitamins and proteins good for energy." Y/n said.

"Don't talk to us like that! And I'm a growing boy, y'know." Ace argued.

"Is that a fact? I grew to 183 centimeters without any late-night snacking and Y/n here is taller than any of you while following their diet. What matters most for growth is a balanced diet and proper sleep. It is certainly not about snacking your way to an uneven complexion. Do try to remember the difference." Vil countered.

"Grimmy boy, you may do as you please but not in front of the others and don't bother them."

Grim sighed in relief.

"Y/n really seems to be into all of this." Deuce remarked.

"Bien sûr! Y/n is just as professional as Vil after all. The only difference would be the world where they come from."

A phone then rang, Vil's phone. Y/n extended their hand as Vil sighed and gave it to them.

"Hello, Adela."

"Oh Y/n! Glad to hear you again. May I speak to Vil or are you still managing?"

'Vil introduced me to his manager, Adela when I took the job.' "Still managing but didn't Vil tell you he would be occupied with the VDC?"

"This is big! He just got an offer for a movie role. It's a sequel to Legendary Sword! You know, the mega-hit title with box office revenue topping two hundred million thaumarks?"

'Vil would like that but...' "Tell me all the details."

"Vil would be the protagonist's rival—a prince of an enemy kingdom. He's ruthless, but also the most glamorous character in the movie. He goes out in spectacular, villainous fashion. Vil was born to play this guy!"

"While I love a good villain, Vil said to refuse any pretty villain role."

"Look, this is a huge title. I wasn't going to tell them no without checking first."

"...Who would be the lead?"

"The hero of the story, the one who inherits the legendary sword...is played by Neige LeBlanche."

"Goodbye, Adela." They were about to hang up.

"Wait! Wait! Think of this as a chance for him to advance to the next level. They're offering three million thaumarks. That's a huge amount of money for a teen actor. And I could negotiate for even more."

They sighed "Individuals like Vil and myself don't do that for the money, it's a passion and if we don't feel it, it just won't work. I'm sorry but you should refrain to call Vil again until the VDC is over." They hung up immediately, an eye glowing purple.

Adela must have gotten it since she didn't try to call back.

"Our rehearsal is about to start. What was it about, manager?"

Y/n looked down, trying to decide if they should tell him.

Vil felt their emotions "Schatz?"

They sighed 'He has to know.' "You got an offer to play in the sequel of legendary sword but you'd be the villain and the protagonist would be... Neige LeBlanche."

Vil's eyes widened with anger "...Neige? AGAIN?"

"So I turned down Adela's pleads and told her to let you focus until after the VDC."

Vil took a deep breath "Good. Now, let's get started."