Eternal flame (Last fair day)

Y/n's pov

I changed with magic since it was a cold night and followed Garvas to run. I kept a straight face as we ran in silence for a while and I tried keeping my head clear of all the events that troubled me. It wasn't of any help though, thought exercise would make me stop thinking. I still felt 'Wanna use Michael to lock my feelings right now...' As I thought of summoning the pink key, Garvas surprised me by speaking after so long.

"So...Are you okay?"

I clenched my fist "Yeah, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be fine?"

"Well, it would be normal to feel affected after what happened to your companion."

As my foot touched the ground, it cracked and Garvas stopped "I'm fine, okay?! Why won't you just take that pretty little lie and leave me alone?!"

"You shouldn't keep it all in like that."

I laughed "Aren't you so sweet~ I thought everything was about muscle with you. Ha! Is that it? Just because I'm more feminine, you're taking pity on me. Well, I don't want it!"

"I don't care how you identify, you're still my student so of course I care! I hear Mr Crewel and Mr Trein talk about you all the time and they're worried, I would like to help too."

"...They're worried? How?! Why?!" I panicked 'I made people worry about me!'

Vargas didn't seem to have it though as he picked me up, startling me "Of course they do, they care about you. I may not be as close to you as them but I can take it. Don't let your feelings overflow like that."

That kinda shook me "Overflow..." My lips trembled.

"I know you-"

"I'm worried about Grim!" I cried out as the sky turned dark and thunder echoed.

He patted my back as I cried more and torrential rain poured on us "I'm sad he had to get hurt because I wasn't careful enough but I'm also mad at him to have acted like that and I'm mad at myself for not picking up on it!"

After some more crying, I felt...relieved like some weight has been lifted off my chest. I wiped off my eyes and smiled at him "Thank you for listening...and sorry for what I said earlier."

He smiled "It's alright, you can come to me again if you need it...though the other teachers might be better at parenting."

I chuckled "Parenting? I have to admit I'm not really comfortable with familial relationships (for obvious reasons) but I guess they've really acted as father figures, huh?"

I finally went back home.

"Hm? Last time I left Zaphkiel, did you take it?"

{Yes, disappeared with it since you didn't feel like unsummoning it.}

"Okay, thank you."

{Ara~ Since when do we get along?}

"What can I say? Sometimes I hate myself and other times I feel like the hottest, most beautiful and most perfect being in all universes."

I went inside to find Ace and Deuce asleep on the couch, leaning on each other and Kris was in Deuce's arms. I placed a hand over my mouth as a blush spread across my cheeks 'Nante kotoda! Kore wa totemo kawaīdesu! Should I take a picture?'

{Already took a mental picture, you can review it whenever. Still, humans wouldn't be able to spend a goodnight sleep like that.}

"Yeah, probably." I shrugged as Kris opened his eyes and got out of Deuce's arms and sat in front of me "I feel way better, mon petit bébé." I caressed it, earning a purr from it.