06

"The last thing we saw were these two dumbass'es disappearing into the brush with this angry Thanator coming after them" Grace told the rest of the soldiers sat by their table.

Jake and Casper were given a few hours to freshen up, before they were invited to sit with the others. One thing lead to the other, and here they were right now. Jake shook his head, pointing a spoon at Grace "Hey, it's not something you can teach"

Grace leaned forward, resting on her elbows. "You know, for reasons I cannot fathom, the Omaticaya have chosen you. I understand why it would of been Casper, but you? God help us all"

Casper chuckled, putting yet another spoon of oatmeal into his mouth. He then looked across the table, Norm having sat further away from them. He was definitely glaring Jake's way, maybe even his. Norm might of been mad that Jake had met the natives before he did, having been in the program for way longer. 

~~~~~~~~~~

It wasn't long before Jake and Casper decided it was time to go back again. As they walked to the pods, Grace walked beside them, a table in her hand. "Okay, let's run through them again"

She shoved the tablet in front of Jake's face, it displaying the Tsahik. "Mo'at. Dragon lady"

Grace said nothing as she flipped to yet another image. "Eytucan" Casper sighed, pointing at the tablet. "Eytukan. The clan leader"

Grace nodded his way, before turning to look at Jake even if he wasn't looking at her. "But she is the spiritual leader. Like a shaman" Jake nodded. "Got it"

Grace flipped to yet another picture, showing it to Jake. Before the older had even the chance to open his mouth Casper did. "Tsu'tey" he then coughed and turned to push the wheelchair away from Jake since he was already sat on the pods foam. Grace hummed his way, her head turning to Jake. "He'll be the next clan leader"

And then she flipped to the last image, Jake grabbing the tablet from her. "Neytiri" he answered, his eyes scanning her face. Grace placed her hand on her hip. "She'll be the next Tsahik. They become a mated pair"

Casper averted his eyes to the ground only for a second, but it was long enough for Jake to notice. He said nothing thought, turning to Grace. "So who's this Eywa?"

"Who's Eywa?" Norm spoke up, his tone matching the one of a teachers when a kid doesn't know what 2*2 is. Casper crossed his arms and starred at him, his eyes squinted. Norm continued. "Only their deity. Their goddess, made up of all living things. Everything they know! You'd know this if you had any training whatsoever" yup, jealousy's definitely showing.

Jake raised up the tablet, it still having Neytiri's face on it. "Who's got a date with the chief's daughter?"

Norm furrowed his brows. "Come on. That's..." he soon quieted, either having nothing more to say, or being too mad to do so. Casper huffed, at least he'd have a chance to hang out with an actual adult.

Grace took the tablet back from Jake. "Knock it off. It's like kindergarten around here" Casper quickly moved his body around Grace's, going over to the pod next to Jake's. A women was already waiting for him there. So he climbed in, and closed his eyes as soon as the pod closed up. Time to go learn again.

~~~~~~~~~~

Tsu'tey waited for him at the bottom of the Hometree, muttering a quick good morning before he turned and walked away. Casper made sure to give him a quick hello before he followed along. 

"This is a Pa'li. My Direhorse" Tsu'tey told him as the two calmly walked up to the gentle creature. The Direhorse just stood in her place, eating some of the vegetation. Casper gasped upon the look of the Direhorse. "Oh she is beautiful"