09

After every young Hunter had tamed their own Ikran's, they all flew as a group, Casper flying by Tsu'tey's side as Jake did Neytiri's. Jake flew his Ikran closer to Neytiri's, the women placing a mock hurt expression on her face. She flew her Ikran into Jake's as payback, Tsu'tey having to shout at them to pay attention. Casper chuckled by his side, making Tsu'tey look over. The younger shrugged, winking at Tsu'tey as he too slightly pushed his Ikran into Tsu'tey's, the older trying to keep a smile in, replacing it with irritation that Casper saw right through.

The next day they had the ability to fly on their own, so Casper obviously did. As he flew through some bone looking structure, he looked down, and saw The Tree of Souls. It was majestic to look at. Casper lowered his head in respect as he flew by, his Ikran following his movements.

~~~~~~~~~~

"The Tree of Souls. It's their most sacred place. See the Flux Vortex in these false color images?" Grace spoke to them as she looked at the image from Jake's earlier flight through the same spot.

Trudy huffed. "Yeah, that's what messes up my instruments"

Casper smiled at her, before he turned to look at Grace once more as she spoke. "There is something really interesting going on in their biologically. I would die to get samples. Outsiders are strictly forbidden, you lucky swines"

~~~~~~~~~~

After the days training, which was to actually get a kill whilst flying on their Ikran's (Casper took down a Sturmbeest), the male just calmly flew across the sky. His Ikran, which he decided to name Anok, seemed to enjoy the calm flight too. Even if Anok did seem confident and unpredictable, the banshee was actually pretty calm and laid back. The completely opposite it was right before Casper connected with him.

Anok slightly shook, making Casper look down at him, and then to further down. There he saw two very familiar Ikran's. Neytiri's and Jake's to be exact. He smirked and leaned down to look at Anok. The banshee lowly snarled. Seconds later the two came flying down. Anok spread his wings out, and since he was of a bigger size, his shadow was also bigger. Casper watched in amusement as the two grown ups yelled and quickly threw their gaze up, their eyes wide and their pupils dilated. Casper finally came down to their eye level, laughing at their faces. "Oh you should have seen your faces!"

Jake huffed, glaring at his brother "Wasn't that funny" he told, but the small smile that began to creep up onto his mouth gave him away. 

Neytiri looked between the two brothers, before she smiled as well. They easy going atmosphere was soon cut short when an even bigger shadow flew atop them. The three of them looked up, and quickly dived down as the Toruk almost grabbed Jake. They quickly maneuvered through the air, Toruk keeping close to them even if he was a bigger size. They then dove into the tree line, but it was still spacious enough for the giant Leonopteryx to chase them. 

Finally salvation came. They flew their Ikran's through a wall of vines, Toruk trying to go trough, but being too big to fit. He roared after the trio in anger, having to retreat back from where it has come from. The trio didn't stop until they could no longer hear the flapping of the Leonopteryx, perching on some tree trunks so they could listen in. When they finally did hear no more from the giant, Casper looked between Neytiri and Jake, before bursting out into a fit of chuckles, which quickly turned into full blown laughing.

Neytiri and Jake soon joined him, the three of them laughing in relief of being alive.

~~~~~~~~~~

Casper stood by Neytiri's side as Jake went to inspect the skull of yet another Leonopteryx, which was placed right in the middle of the Hometree.