11

Now their little group (Casper, Jake, Norm and Grace) sat by whilst everyone else packed up. Casper sat by Jake's side, his head firmly grasped between his hands. Jake lent against a table, and Grace just finished off a shot, maybe her second one. "You know, they never even wanted us to succeed. They bulldozed a sacred site on purpose to trigger a response. Just fabricating this war to get what they want"

"This is how it's done" Jake stated, slapping to of his fingers on the table. Casper looked up from his position, watching as Jake took a book, and then threw it onto the ground. "When people are sitting on shit that you want, you make them your enemy. Then you're justified in taking it"

An out of breath Trudy came running to them, stopping by Casper's side. "Quaritch is rolling the gunships. He's gonna git Hometree"

With panic Grace and Casper raised from their chairs, Grace muttering an "Oh God" before she and Casper hurried out, Norm staying behind to roll Jake's wheelchair.

~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as Grace was close to Parker enough for him to hear, she spoke her mind, Casper keeping the soldier that tried to drag Grace back behind himself. "Parker. Wait. Stop. These are people you're about to-"

"No, no no no" he cut her off, waving his finger back and forth. Casper once again pushed the soldier back, hissing at him. A habit. "They're fly-bitten savages that live in a tree! All right? Look around! I don't know about you, but I see a lot of trees! They can move"

He then shooed the soldiers off. Casper watched them walk away, before he stepped in too. "There are families in there. There are children. Babies. Are you gonna kill children?"

Jake looked up at Parker, shaking his head. "You don't want that kind of blood on your hands. Believe me. Just let us try to talk to them" he looked at Casper and then back at Parker. "They trust us"

Parker thought for a bit, before giving one nod of his head.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Calibrate fast. We're going in, right now" Grace ordered, hurrying over to her pod. Casper did the same, quickly punching in all of the buttons needed to be pressed as he jumped in. He closed the pod up and closed his eyes, connecting with his Na'vi body without much struggle.

~~~~~~~~~~

Casper shot his eyes open, gasping for breath. Turns out being ripped from your Avatar body wasn't the greatest feeling. He looked around, his pupils flying over the place, when they finally landed on Tsu'tey. Casper sighed in relief, getting to his knees so he could hug Tsu'tey, the taller hugging back just as fiercely. 

"You dropped so suddenly. I thought the worst" he told truthfully, pulling himself away from Casper. The shorter smiled, placing his hand gently against Tsu'tey's cheek. "I'm alright, my mate"

He then remembered what he was there to do, so he jumped up. Tsu'tey called after him, but Casper didn't answer. He ran down a path to where Eytukan was. At that same time Jake and Neytiri came running  in, Grace following them.

"Eytukan, I have something to say" Jake told the leader, Casper going to stand by his side. "Listen, please"

Eytukan nodded, gesturing twords Jake. "Speak, Jakesully"

"A great evil is upon us. The Sky People are coming to destroy Hometree" the displeased sound of the Na'vi began echoing around. Frustrated, Jake turned to Casper. "Look, tell them they're gonna be here soon" Casper nodded, and did just that.

"You have to leave, or you're going to die" Jake said again, yet only few understood him.

Mo'at moved just a bit forward, a concerned look on her face. "Are you certain of this?"