chapter one

PRESENT TIME, TREE HILL.

— . . . —

     Tree Hill High. The place where everything was hell for Isabel Eastwood. Rumours, after rumours after rumours. It was never ending.

"Isabel, are you going to school today? You know it's first day of Junior Year." Kelly Eastwood came into her daughter's bedroom.

Isabel nodded her head, "I'll go back today." She smiled up at her mother. "Lyla's awake, I've taken her downstairs for some breakfast." The older Eastwood said.

Isabel smiled at her mother, "Thank you." She said, Isabel got out of bed and walked to her closet, she picked out a cute, but simple, outfit for school. She straightens her brunette hair.

She placed some mascara on her eyes, some lipstick to match, she smiled at herself in the mirror before heading downstairs, to find her daughter sitting in her chair.

"Good morning, my beautiful girl." Isabel smiled, kissed her daughter's, Lyla-Rose, head. "Hey, Bels. You finally coming back?" Joshua Eastwood, Isabel's brother, said, grabbing an apple.

"Yeah." Isabel nodded her head, as she took over from her mother and finished feeding her daughter. "Are you coming to the first game of the season?" Joshua asked his twin-sister.

"Of course, Lyla's first basketball game, I wouldn't miss it. I never miss the first game of the season." The brunette girl smiled at her brother.

"Okay, cool." Joshua grinned at his sister, "You ready to go?" The brother older by 3-minutes asked, "Yep." Isabel smiled, kissed her daughter's head.

"I'll see you later, gorgeous." Isabel said, not wanting to leave her daughter, since this would be the first time since her daughter was born.

And that was 7-months-ago.

"Bye, mom." Isabel waved to her mom, "Bye, Isabel, Josh." Kelly Eastwood waved her children goodbye, as she had her granddaughter sit in front of her.

"So, Josh. What's up with you and Haley James?" Isabel asked her brother, "Nothing." Joshua Eastwood grinned, clearly lying. "I know you're lying." Isabel said.

"Fine, fine. We've just been hanging out a lot after practice and stuff." Josh told his sister, truthfully. "Haley's a nice girl, I approve of it." The brunette sat in the passenger seat said.

As they finally arrived at School, Isabel placed her bag on her shoulder, said her goodbyes to her twin brother as she walked towards her two friends.

Brooke Davis and Peyton Sawyer. Peyton was quite down at the moment, since she recently split with her boyfriend, Nathan Scott.

Isabel always thought Nathan Scott was a jerk, he never cared about Peyton's feelings, was only with her for the sex and the popularity.

"Isabel!" Brooke Davis, dragged her best-friend since kindergarten into a large hug. "Hey, Brooke." Isabel smiled, hugged her friend back before pulling away.

"Hey, Peyton!" Isabel smiled again once she saw her other best-friend, "Hey." Peyton smiled widely, as she gave her best-friend a hug.

"Are you okay, since you know, the break up with Nathan?" Isabel asked her friend, "I'm fine, we weren't that serious anyway." Peyton flashed a smile to show that she was okay.

"How's Lyla anyway?" Peyton asked, "Yeah, inform me on my favourite child in the whole wide world." Brooke joined in the conversation.
"Lyla's fine." Isabel told them.

"She's growing, a lot. I think her teeth are starting to come through, which means she's being extra moody than normal." Isabel added to her comment.

"When do we get to see her next?" Brooke asked, "Well, i'm bringing her to her first basketball game of her life, I'm guessing if you come to the game then you can see later." Isabel told her friends.

"We're cheerleaders, we have to be there. But, great! I get to see Lyla loo!" Brooke grinned, "Now, we best head over to first period." Peyton added as the bell rang.

— . . . —

Classrooms, that was definitely the least thing that Isabel had missed, everyone crammed in one room, it was just not Isabel's cup of tea.

This period, she had hardly none of her friends, but she didn't mind, it meant she would concentrate more without anybody to distract her while she's trying to work.

"Today class, for the next 2 weeks you will be working on projects in partners." Isabel's teacher said, a bunch of 'Yes!' and cheers going on, until they stopped when the teacher spoke up again.

"But, I have chose the partners." Everyone went silent, "I can't trust you to get your work done when I let you pick your own partners, that has been proven from previous events." The teacher added.

"I will now read out the partners, and you will go and sit by your assigned partner." Isabel sighed as she said that, zoned out until she heard her name being called.

"Nathan Scott and Isabel Eastwood" Isabel's jaw dropped, Nathan Scott? Out of all people. She sighed again, and made her way over to the empty seat next to Nathan Scott.

"Isabel, right?" Nathan asked, "Correct." She dryly said, gave a sarcastic smile. "Woah! What have I ever done to you?" Nathan asked, "Except for being a complete dick to Peyton then nothing. I just decide not to like you." Isabel said to Nathan.

"Can we just get on with the project?" Isabel asked her new partner, Nathan sighed quietly and nodded his head. Nathan actually liked Isabel, he thought she was different.

They began working on the project, until the lesson came to an end. "Where do you wanna work on it too?" Nathan asked, "Your house or mine?" Isabel asked the brunette infront of her.

"My house is a wreck right now, probably wont get much peace to work on it." Nathan said. Isabel couldn't help but feel sympathy for the boy. "My house? Tomorrow night, since the game's tonight." Isabel said, Nathan nodded his head.

"See you at the game later, Eastwood." Nathan grinned at Isabel, she chuckled and flipped him off jokingly and she walked out of the classroom.

— . . . —

It was now time for the game, Isabel got herself changed into a nicer outfit, she changed her daughter, Lyla-Rose, into a cute outfit, then she grabbed the diaper bag and headed downstairs.

She saw her brother in his basketball uniform. Joshua was on the basketball team, he's actually really good friends with Nathan Scott. "Ready, Bels?" Joshua asked his sister.

"Hey, Lyla." Josh said in a baby voice, kissed his niece's head. The good thing about her family is that they were always supportive, although it took Christian Eastwood a bit longer to get used to the fact his daughter was knocked up.

"Let's go." Joshua told his family. The basketball games aren't the same with their father, Christian Eastwood, but he was out on business trip right now.

They all got into Kelly Eastwood's vehicle, she began driving to the basketball game. "Do us proud, Josh." Kelly smiled at her son, "I will, mom." Josh said.

This is going to be fun.

AUTHORS NOTE::
Don't worry guys! The basketball game will be at the the start of the next chapter, I just really wanted to upload the first chapter.