chapter three

PRESENT TIME, EASTWOOD'S HOME

— . . . —

        It was almost as if Nathan Scott was into Isabel Eastwood. He turned up eagerly to do their project together.

"Hey, Nathan." Isabel smiles, as she opens her front door. "Hi, Isabel." Nathan grins at her, as she lets him up. Isabel takes Nathan up to her bedroom where her daughter was playing in her crib.

"Lyla!" Nathan says, in a baby voice, Lyla-Rose looks up and smiles, moves her hands around, reaches them out to Nathan. "Can I?" Nathan asks, Isabel nods her head.

Nathan lifts Lyla-Rose out of her crib, places her right, "Hello." Nathan says to her, she wraps her hand around Nathan's index finger again on his spare hand.

Isabel watches them with a smile on her face, the sight in-front of her making her heart warm. "So, has your father mentioned anything about me and you talking since last night?" Isabel asked.

"No, surprisingly he hasn't." Nathan told Isabel truthfully, they sat at Isabel's desk, Nathan places Lyla on the bed, but surrounding her with pillows so she couldn't roll off.

"Let's start this project." Isabel said, they began working on the project. Isabel heard Lyla began fussing around, getting irritated. "Lyla, what's wrong?" Isabel picked up her daughter.

"I'm sorry, she only does this once in a while." Isabel apologised to Nathan, "No, it's okay." Nathan gave her a re-assuring smile, She rocked Lyla-Rose back and forth gently, until she calmed down.

"Are you okay now, Lyls?" Isabel asked her daughter, who obviously couldn't reply. She took it as a yes, since her daughter smiled at her. She sat back down with Lyla on her lap.

"You're a good mom to Lyla, you know?" Nathan told her, Isabel hadn't realised Nathan was watching the scene between the mother and daughter with a smile on his face.

"Thank you, Nathan." Isabel smiled at him, "I'm just being truthful." Nathan replied, they then began doing their project, again. But, Isabel was focused on what Nathan told her.

— . . . —

It was nearly midnight at Tree Hill, the first school week back had finally came to an end. It's been 4 days since Isabel and Nathan did their project.

They had been calling, hanging out everyday mostly for the past week. Isabel was trying to sleep, after her daughter had finally dropped off to sleep, after her crying for almost an hour.

Isabel has a thought that her daughter came down with an illness, decided if she was still bad in the morning she'd take Lyla-Rose to the hospital.

She heard a knock on her window. Isabel was beyond confused, she sat up from her bed and went over, she saw Nathan Scott stood out by her window, covered in rain.

She quickly opened the window, let him inside. "Nathan, what's up?" Isabel asked, closed the window, He glanced down at the sleeping baby before looking back up to meet eyes with Isabel.

"It's my parents. I can't stay there tonight." Nathan said, took a seat on Isabel's bed, "You can stay here, if you like. I'm sure my mom won't mind if you stay. She knows your situation." Isabel gave the brunette boy a sympathetic smile.

"Thank you, Bel. I appreciate it." Nathan smiled, Bel. Isabel smiled at the nickname, "There's some towels in my en-suite that you can use to dry off. Try not to be too loud." Isabel told him.

Nathan gave a confused look, "It's Lyla. I think she's coming down with an illness, she wouldn't stop crying, i've only just got her to settle." Isabel informed him, he nodded. "I'll be quiet." Nathan said.

She laid down in bed, watched the baby sleeping in the crib next to her bed. Lyla-Rose had her own bedroom, but Isabel kept a crib next to her bed incase things like this happened.

She heard the bathroom door open, she looked over and saw a shirtless Nathan with some sweatpants on. She blushed at the sight, "God, Isabel. Might as-well take a picture." Nathan joked, Isabel chuckled.

"Oh, shut up, Scott." Isabel said, Nathan climbed into bed next to Isabel, got under the covers. She laid her head down on his chest. "Thank you, Nathan." Isabel randomly told him.

"For what?" Nathan asked, "You've helped me a lot this week." Isabel told him, "Don't worry about it, Bel." Nathan smiled, Isabel gave him a smile back. Nathan put his arm around Isabel's shoulders.

The pair eventually fell asleep.

— . . . —

Isabel woke up to her daughter coughing and with a high temperature. "Aw, baby. You seem really sick." Isabel said, placed her hand on Lyla-Rose's forehead, to feel the hotness of her head.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Nathan said, as he woke up and rubbed his eyes. "Lyla's sick, I think i'm going to have to take her to hospital." Isabel told Nathan, "I'll come." Nathan told her, "If you want me too." He added to the end of his sentence.

"I'd like that." Isabel smiled, got her daughter changed and changed her daughter's diaper. She put sweatpants and a hoodie on.

Isabel placed her hair up in a ponytail, walked back out the bathroom to see Nathan sat on the bed waiting for her. "Are you ready?" The brunette boy asked her, She nodded her head.

Her stood up and walked towards to an empty house, she wasn't quite sure why. She ignored it, Nathan told her he could drive them so they got into the car and Nathan began driving to the Children's Hospital.

Isabel was scared, if she was being honest. She has never seen her daughter's sick before, was it something she was doing wrong? Was she not looking after her properly?

"Stop worrying, Bel. I'm sure Lyla's fine. She's probably just caught a sickness from someone." Nathan told her, She nodded her head. "I hope you're right, Nathan." Isabel gave him a small smile.

AUTHORS NOTE ::
Oh my, Nathan offering to take Isabel to the hospital to watch after Lyla??