chapter seven

PRESENT TIME, EASTWOOD'S HOME

— . . . —

Isabel had made a very tough decision. Since her father had been back from his business trip their house had become very stressful due to his work and having a crying baby hadn't made it any better.

She had come to the decision to move out with Lyla-Rose, into a nice apartment in the middle of Tree Hill. Just her and Lyla-Rose.

"Mom." Isabel walked downstairs with her daughter on her hip, "Yes, dear?" Kelly Eastwood asked her daughter, "You know how you said I had to become independent more." Isabel started off.

"Yes." Kelly Eastwood said, "And, having a crying baby and dad being stressed out and that with being mayor, I think it's best for Lyla and I, if I move out." Isabel got out, slowly.

"Oh, Isabel, are you sure? You know your father doesn't mind having you and Lyla here." Isabel's mother said, stopped water her flowers to look at Isabel.

"Yes, I need to become more independent, realise life on my own as a mother if I want to be successful in life." Isabel smiled, "Oh, well, where are you going to live?" Kelly sounded concerned for her daughter.

"I found a nice apartment, it's quite big if i'm being honest, it's by Karen's Cafe. It looks very homely." Isabel smiled, "It's perfect for Lyla and I." Isabel looked at her mother.

"Well, you have my blessing, Isabel. I'm very happy for you." Kelly Eastwood smiled, "Do you promise to come and visit me every couple days?" Kelly asked, "Of course, mom." Isabel smiled, gave her mom a hug.

"Hello, beautiful." Kelly kissed her grand-daughter's head. Isabel walked back upstairs, began packing her things up.

— . . . —

It had taken 4 hours for Isabel to pack up most of hers and her daughter, Lyla-Rose's, things. She loaded it into hers and Nathan's Scott's cars since he had offered to help her with her things.

They both drove one after another to Isabel's new apartment. They placed Isabel's boxes full of decorations and clothes. "Thanks for doing this, Nathan." Isabel smiled at Nathan.

"You're welcome, Bels." Nathan smiled back at the brunette girl in-front of him. "You're welcome to stay anytime you like." Isabel said to Nathan, "Why thank you, Isabel." Nathan said, Isabel chuckled.

"Why did you pick a 2 bedroom? Can't Lyla just sleep with you, she's still small." Nathan asked Isabel, as he held Lyla-Rose. "Well, when she gets older i'd like her to not be scared of going to sleep on her own, so I figured if I started while she was a baby, she'd be used to it." Isabel said, as she began unpacking.

"That is a good idea." Nathan said, Isabel nodded. "Do you mind staying and keeping Lyla company for a bit while I unpack some things?" Isabel asked Nathan, "I'll stay, I wouldn't like to go back to that house right now, anyway." Nathan said, sat on the couch with Lyla.

"I'm sorry, Nathan. I know it's tough for you right now, like I said you're more than welcome here." Isabel told Nathan, as she put her arm on his shoulder for comfort.

"I know, and I might take you up on that invite a lot." Nathan chuckled, so did Isabel as she stood back up and carried on decorating her living room with things she bought at the store.

"Is it going to be weird living on your own with Lyla?" Nathan asked, as Lyla-Rose played with his finger. "Probably for the first couple weeks but, I'll get used to it." Isabel said.

— . . . —

After Isabel had finally finished unpacking, it had been almost 3 hours, Nathan was now sat with a sleeping baby laying across his chest. "I'm sorry I kept you here this long." Isabel apologised.

"It's okay, I liked watching you work. It's cute." Nathan told Isabel, with a smile and Isabel blushed. Isabel checked the time, "Oh, gosh. It's almost 9:30." Isabel said, sat down on the couch.

"You wanna stay?" Isabel asked Nathan, He nodded. "I'll make sure you don't get frightened on your first night." Nathan joked, Isabel slapped his arm. "Okay, okay, Sorry." Nathan said, Isabel laughed as she put her legs up and rested her head on Nathan's lap.

Nathan Scott was happier than ever right now, his family wasn't perfect at the moment, now he has Lyla-Rose and Isabel, who were treating him as if he was family.

Nathan heard a small yawn, he looked down to find Isabel had fallen asleep, He smiled at her, he carefully got up placed a pillow under Isabel's head and walked to Lyla-Rose's bedroom, placed her in her crib.

"Goodnight, Lyls." He whispered, to not wake her up, walked back out, turning the lights out but left the door half open incase she woke up, he walked back to the living room.

He pulled a blanket over Isabel, then walked to her bedroom and he laid down himself in Isabel's bedroom. He fell asleep knowing he had his two favourite girls around him.

AUTHORS NOTE ::
I'm so sorry! This chapter is shorter than the rest, I didn't know what to write here, and I know Nathan and Isabel aren't together yet but I want them to become very close and Nathan to become sort of a father figure to Lyla.