chapter four

PRESENT TIME, TREE HILL HOSPITAL.

— . . . —

Isabel was worried sick for her daughter, she was sat in the waiting room of the hospital with Nathan Scott beside her. Lyla-Rose was getting checked up by a doctor.

"I'm sure she's fine, Bels. Please stop—" Nathan was half way through his sentence when a doctor came out, "Lyla-Rose Eastwood?" The doctor asked, with a clipboard in his hand.

"Yes." Isabel stood up instantly, Nathan following a few seconds after. "Is she okay?" Isabel Eastwood asked the doctor frantically.

"Yes, I can assure you Lyla-Rose is fine." Isabel instantly sighed in relief, "See, I said she was fine." Nathan Scott assured her while placing his hand on her shoulder, rubbed her shoulder gently.

"If you'd like to come through, I'll explain what happened with Lyla-Rose." The doctor said, Isabel and Nathan followed along into the room. She saw her daughter laying down on the hospital bed.

A tiny little 7-month-old baby on a hospital bed. Isabel went over and picked up her daughter, gave her a hug before taking a seat by the doctor's desk.

Nathan took a seat next to her, Isabel held her daughter on her lap. "We run Lyla-Rose over a few tests. We picked up a medical condition." The doctor said, "A medical condition?" Isabel asked, the doctor nodded.

"It's called Hypotension. But, also known as Low Blood Pressure." The doctor told Isabel and Nathan, "This means that Lyla-Rose does not have enough blood flowing to her brain. The reason Lyla-Rose could have possibly been crying and not settling is because she might've had dizziness and felt sick."

"We found this by checking her Blood Pressure, this could be serious if it because a daily routine where her blood pressure drops. To prevent this, is she ever looks light-headed, I recommend taking some salt, or something salty. Also, Lyla-Rose should drink more water, because if she's dehydrated her blood pressure can drop."

"Right, Thank you for that, doctor." Isabel Eastwood smiled, "If this becomes worse, then please bring Lyla-Rose back in and we can run some more tests." The doctor said, "Thank you." Isabel smiled again, stood up and so did Nathan. "Thank you, Doc." Nathan nodded at him.

They walked out, got into Nathan's car, Isabel sighed, "I did not except my morning to find out my 7-month-old daughter has a medical condition." Isabel told Nathan, "But, she will be fine. I've seen this before, if you have it as children, it can wear off as they get older."

Isabel nodded her head, "Thank you for coming, Nate. It means a lot to me, that you're here for me." Isabel smiled at Nathan Scott. "No worries, Bels." Nathan gave her a smile as they pulled out of Tree Hill's Hospital.

They made it back to the Eastwood home, "You coming in?" Isabel asked, "No, sorry. I have to go back to that manic house." Nathan sighed, "I get it. But, if you want to get out again, You can always come here." Isabel said.

"Thanks, Isabel." Nathan gave her a smile, "I'll see you later, Lyls." Nathan said, Lyla waved at the brunette boy, "Bye, Isabel." Nathan smiled, "Bye." Isabel smiled, Nathan drove off.

— . . . —

"You and Nathan Scott look like you're getting cozy together." Brooke Davis' grinned at her best friend. "It's not like that, Brooke." Isabel said, while pushing her daughter's stroller.

Brooke and Isabel were going for a walk around town today for a catch-up since Brooke thinks that Isabel is always with Nathan.

"It looks like that." Brooke said, "I have a daughter, Brooke, who also has a medical condition, my main priority is making sure she's okay, not me having a boyfriend." Isabel said.

"You can't completely shut out your love life now that you're a mother. You're only 17, Isabel. You have your whole life ahead of you." Brooke reminded Isabel.

"I know, but—" Isabel started, "No buts. You're going to agree with me." Brooke said, Isabel chuckled. "Fine." Isabel gave it, "Now let me see that gorgeous face of Lyla." Brooke said, went in-front of the stroller.

She bent down, picked up Lyla-Rose. "You are beautiful." Brooke told Isabel's daughter. Isabel smiled, "Aunt Brooky is better than mommy, right?" Isabel shook her head, "And Aunt Brooky is always right, do you think mommy should go out with Nathan?" Brooke asked the 7-month-old.

"She's a baby, Brooke. She's not going to answer you." Isabel told her best friend, "I know that, I'm just trying to make sure she doesn't turn out as stupid as her mother." Brooke says, Isabel rolled her eyes jokingly.

"Come on, you wanna go to Karen's Cafe for a coffee?" Brooke asked, "Only because you want to see Lucas." Isabel chuckled, Brooke placed the baby back in the stroller, strapped her in.

"Maybe so." Brooke said, they began making their way towards Karen's Cafe, where Brooke was hoping to find Nathan's half brother, Lucas Scott.

Funny enough, Luca's Scott was indeed at Karen's Cafe with his mother, Karen Roe. "Hey, Brooke. Hey, Isabel." Lucas gave the both of them a smile. "Is this the famous daughter of Isabel?" Lucas crouched down, Lyla smiled at him.

Isabel laughed, Lucas came back up to his normal position. "You guys want a coffee?" Lucas said, went behind the cafe bar. "Yeah, I'll have one." Isabel said, "Me too." Brooke smiled at Lucas, to which he returned.

Isabel found a table with Brooke, she placed the stroller next to her, so Lyla-Rose didn't feel left out. "Lucas, come join us." Brooke smiled, "Sure." Lucas said. Lucas Scott took a seat next to Brooke Davis.

"So, Isabel, what's with you and Nathan?" Lucas asked, "Oh my god, what's with everyone asking me that." Isabel laughed lightly. "Because it's extremely obvious." Lucas said, "See, Isabel! Not just me who noticed it." Brooke defended herself from what she said earlier.

The trio laughed and spoke for the next hour together.

AUTHORS NOTE::
LUCAS AND ISABEL'S FRIENDSHIP? yes please.