chapter two

PRESENT TIME, TREE HILL HIGH

— . . . —

Isabel walked into the gym, looked around to saw it packed with students and parents. Isabel saw Nathan Scott looking at her, she smiled at him.

He gave her a smile back, he began making his way over to her. "Hey, Isabel. Is this your little one?" Nathan asked, Isabel nodded her head. Lyla wrapped her tiny hand around Nathan's index finger.

Lyla gave Nathan a wide smile, "I think she likes you." Isabel smiled up at Nathan, saw him smiling down at Lyla. "Hello, I'm Nathan." Nathan looked at Lyla again.

"What's her name?" Nathan asked, "Lyla-Rose." Isabel looked down at her daughter, "She looks just like you." Nathan said, "Hi, Lyla-Rose." Nathan said, in a sort of baby voice.

Isabel was beginning to like Nathan's company, he wasn't as bad as she thought. "I best get going, If I don't see you at the game and I'll see you tomorrow for our project." Nathan said to Isabel.

"Bye, Nathan. Good Luck." Isabel flashed him a real smile, "Thanks, Isabel. Bye, Lyla." He have a small wave to Isabel's baby girl, "Bye." Nathan gave Isabel one last smile before jogging onto the court.

Isabel went and found a seat, she saw her mom, Kelly Eastwood, was speaking to one of the parents so she went and sat by Haley James. Her brother's almost girlfriend.

She's seen Haley at her house a couple times over the past few weeks, "Hey, Haley." Isabel said, as she took her seat, "Oh, hey, Isabel." Haley gave Isabel a warm smile.

"You here to watch Lucas play?" Isabel asked the girl, "Yeah, and Josh. I hope that's not weird." Haley said, with an awkward face, "No, it's not. I actually like you. I think you'll do my brother good." Isabel said, Haley's face relaxed.

"Is this Lyla's first basketball game?" Haley asked, "Yeah, i'm not sure how much of it she's going to enjoy, but here we are." Isabel chuckled, so did Haley.

The game started, Isabel re-placed Lyla on her lap, She began watching the game, for some reason Isabel couldn't take her eyes off Nathan. She watched his every move.

Nathan looked back at her and gave her a warm smile, she gave one back. The game continued on and it was overall a good game, Isabel enjoyed watching it.

— . . . —

After the game had finished, Isabel was making her way out, when she heard Dan Scott, Nathan's father, shouting at him for passing the ball to Lucas Scott.

After they finished, Isabel headed over to Nathan with a sleeping Lyla in her arms. "She got bored?" Nathan asked, referring to Lyla-Rose. "Possibly." Isabel laughed, so did Nathan.

"Hey, I heard your father shouting at you, I just wanted to say, I think you played great. Don't listen to him." Isabel gave him a re-assuring smile.

"You have a really pretty smile. Has anyone ever told you that before?" Nathan told Isabel, "Thanks." Isabel felt a small blush rise on her cheeks.

Isabel was really warming up to Nathan, she completely forgotten how he had treated Peyton. "But, thanks for saying I played good. I needed to hear that." Nathan Scott, gave Isabel a smile back.

"Anytime, Scott. I'll see you tomorrow." Isabel grinned, "See you, Isabel." He told her, and she walked off to find her brother and her mother to head home for the night.

"You and my son, huh?" Isabel heard behind her, she saw Dan Scott. "If it isn't the one and only, Mr Dan Scott." Isabel gave a sarcastic smile. "Don't speak to me like that, young lady."

"What do you want?" Isabel asked. Isabel didn't like Dan Scott, he had tried to mess with their family once, she knew what Dan Scott was really like. Especially towards his son, Nathan.

"I just wanted to come over and say to leave my son alone." Dan Scott told Isabel Eastwood, as if she was going to listen to him. "Why should I?" Isabel asked, "Because I don't want him to end up like you."

"Like what? What am I, Dan?" Isabel argued back, "Well, you have a baby at 16, with no father involved." Dan looked at her, with almost a disgusted look in his eyes.

"You're one to talk. Lucas and Karen?" She questioned Dan Scott. "Just stay away from my son, Isabel Eastwood." Dan told her, "I'll do what I want, Dan Scott." She rolled her eyes at him and walked away to see her mother and Joshua out in the parking lot.

"Hey, where were you?" Kelly asked her daughter. "Sorry, I was speaking to Nathan about our project we have for class." Isabel lied to her mother, "Right, well. We best get going." Kelly said, Isabel got into the car.

She strapped a sleeping Lyla into the car seat, Kelly began driving home. This has been a long and weird first day back for Isabel.

— . . . —

Isabel's second day of Junior year. She groaned as her alarm went off, she went to her daughter's bedroom and picked her up since she was awake.

The alarm clock was just her daughter crying on the baby monitor.

"Shh, darling. It's okay." Isabel rocked her daughter back and forth gently before she stopped crying and she took Lyla downstairs after changing her diaper.

"You're up early." Kelly Eastwood told her daughter, "Well, I have my own personal alarm now." Isabel gave a sarcastic smile, "Well, that's what you get for having a child." Kelly said.

Isabel placed her daughter in her feeding chair, made sure she couldn't fall out, "Can you watch her while I get ready for school, please?" Isabel asked her mother, Kelly Eastwood nodded her head.

"Thank you." She smiled, went upstairs to get ready for school. She picked out something causal again, brushed her teeth and decided to do some loose curls today.

After she finished, she put some lipstick and mascara on just like yesterday and she headed downstairs, to go to school.

"I made you some breakfast, honey." Kelly Eastwood said, Isabel smiled as she began eating her breakfast. "I've already fed Lyla for you." Her mom told her, "Thanks." Isabel said.

After she finished her breakfast, she saw her brother come down the stairs. "Let's go, Bels." She stood up from her chair and kissed her daughter's head.

"Bye, sweetheart. I'll see you later." She said, "Bye, mom." Isabel smiled at her mother as she grabbed her bag and headed out the door with Joshua Eastwood.

AUTHORS NOTE::
I can't wait for the Nathan and Isabel storyline!!