Chapter Three: First Date

"Check if that boy is still there," Austin said.

I slowly made my way through the hall listening for any sort of sound from outside, once I was on the steps I leaned over the railing to try and peek out the window at a far distance.

But I couldn't get a good enough look so I was forced to go all the way down the stairs and look through the peephole.

When there was no sight of him anywhere I press my back against the door letting out a breath of relief.

"He's gone," I told with a smile.

"Good, you can drive, right? Go to this restaurant I've sent you the directions."

Just as he said my phone vibrates and I look at the message he had sent. It was directions to chick-fil-a my favorite restaurant of all time.

"I'll leave now!" I blurt out loud grabbing my purse then I head out of the house as Austin laughs at me. "Will Pat be okay by himself for an hour?" I walk across the yard to my car and sit inside shutting the door and starting it up.

"He should be fine depending on the last time he was out."

That was two hours ago and he said to take him out at least every two hours. He should be fine in his cage, right? If he happens to make a mess I'll clean it.

"Ok, your right he'll be fine." I lie.

"Alright, then I'll let you go, drive safely I'll see you in a bit."

A smile creeps to my cheeks. He was going to meet me there, just the two of us together. I squeal with happiness and pull out of the driveway and head to the destination in town.

After about ten minutes I pull into the parking lot, grab my purse off of the seat, and head inside.

I look around for signs of familiarity in the people up in the line but no sign of him was anywhere.

So I move to the side out of everyone's way and watch the door when he arrives.

I just hope it won't be too long.

"Miss are you ready to order?" A male employee asks, and I immediately shake my head before answering.

"No, I'm-I'm waiting for someone."

He then just nods and walks off to do his job.

My phone vibrates and I pull it out of my purse to see it's a message from Lottie reading.

-Girl this is your last chance to change your mind about tomorrow night's party, you gotta come Brian is going to be there!

There she goes again trying to get me to go to the party. I can't go and don't want to go. I've never been a partying type of girl, it's just never been in any of my interests.

Though I've heard that they can be full of loud music, dancing, alcohol, and a bit of sex. And I believe that's the only reason Lottie wants me to go with her.

She knows everything about me but one thing. She believes I like Brian Jenson, this tall, cute, funny, athletic guy from our school. But I don't. I may go up to him almost every week in school only to ask a certain question about a coming maths exam. But it's only because he's smart and knows all the answers to my problems.

I honestly think that Lottie thinks that if I go to the party tomorrow night and run into Brian in the process he'd be the first to take my virginity.

But he wouldn't because I won't sleep with just anyone. I want my first time to be with someone I will spend my whole life with, with someone who loves me just as much as I return it.

I have to admit the person I love doesn't love me in the way I want him to and I just have to accept it and try to move on. Even if I want him to be the one to steal it from me.

A sudden familiar scent fills my nostrils. I look up to see a muscular-looking build before me in a too-familiar plain sky-blue button-up tucked nicely in his trousers. A little too nice as it framed out his waist perfectly.

And all I want to do is stretch my hand out and press my fingertips across his perfect abs that hid underneath the clothing.

But I don't. I can't not in a public restaurant, so I sent a quick message back to Lottie, the first thing that came to mind.

-Sorry for the sudden news but I'm spending tomorrow night with someone already.

-No way?!

-You go, girl!

I stuff my phone back into my purse. Only if she knew who this someone was then she wouldn't be all excited for me then.

I move my eyes upward till they met his.

"Your here," I say with a smile.

"I hope you weren't waiting long I got pulled back into my schedule a little longer than preferred."

I shake my head. "Nope, I honestly just got here a few minutes ago," I say truthfully.

"Great then do you have an idea of what you want to eat?"

At the side away from the counter, I scan the menu displayed behind the counter above our heads.

Once I decided on what I wanted Austin then says his order and before I could take my wallet out of my purse he pulls out his credit card and hands it to the cashier.

"Hey?" I exaggerate the y with a frown.

He turns to me and arches a brow. "What you thought I was going to let you pay when I invited you here to have lunch in the first place?" His lips then curve into a smile. A handsome one at that. His eyes never leave mine as he takes back his card. "Why don't you get us a table then I'll join you later with our tray?"

"Sure," I say and go find us a table.

Why did he look at me like that? I thought I had stopped breathing and gone to heaven with those eyes sparkling as he smiled into my soul. Gosh, he looked sexy.

I put a hand over my chest to feel my pounding heartbeat against my ribs and take a seat at an empty table.

I think I'm falling deeper into the devil's sin, one I know I shouldn't mess with.

But I want to. I won't. I will. I can't.

Dad would kill me and I don't want to turn friends into enemies if he ever knew. And Lottie I can't say how she would act she's not one to date men double her age but she is one to go for a one-night stand. That's why I was a bit defensive over Austin earlier today.

Lottie is one if she likes it she will get her little paws on it and take it. But I can't let her have him, though he doesn't belong to me. I've liked him since age fourteen. Would she understand that and give him up for me?

"What are you thinking about?"

I was pulled from my thoughts when Austin set the tray of food on the table and sat down on the opposite side of me.

"Nothing," I say and smile when my eyes land on the juicy grilled chicken club sandwich and salty waffle fries, and the iced coffee to wash it all down.

Austin got the spicy deluxe, waffle fries with a hot coffee. Which looked equally as delicious.

"Eat looking at it isn't going to fill you." He said shoving a fry into his mouth. So I do and start by taking my sandwich off the tray and taking a big bite out of it.

I moan in delight as the flavors erupt in my mouth then I notice him smiling upon my reaction to the food in my hands. I return it with a shy smile and sit up straight and cross my leg over the other.

Just to embarrass myself even more my barefoot glides across his knee as I do so.

Why am I barefoot? Well, it's a habit, everywhere I go to sit my shoes come off. Ever since I was young.