Chapter Fourteen: Love Is Nothing Without The You

When a doctor comes in I break from Austin's embrace and whip my face with my arm.

"How are we doing—feeling any pain anywhere?"

I shake my head.

"Ok that's great so I got your diagnosis for you and I'm sure you're well a where of being seventeen weeks pregnant correct?"

I nod. "Yeah is my baby okay?" A sudden thought of fear swelled up I'm my mind.

The doctor smiles. "A perfectly healthy baby I'm positive you'll even have a healthy natural birth in the future—about that diagnosis your stress level is high and has put a strain on your body so I'd like for you to avoid stressful situations and anything that works up your body and just rest and eat a level diet daily."

"Uh question," Lottie says raising a hand. The doctor turns to her with a nod. "She just moved into an apartment and still has everything to unpack should she also refrain from unboxing everything?"

"Mm not in an entirely lightweight objects will be fine just no overworking." He says and Lottie nods in understanding. Turning his attention back on me he continues. "Personal question but I need to know—are you sexually active during this pregnancy?"

I choke back the excess saliva that had fromed in my throat after my emotional breakdown and looked over at the three in the room.

Did I have to confess such a thing in front of dad who hates the fact that I and Austin are a thing?

Well, he wouldnt act out in front of all of these people just to embarrass himself, would her?

I look at dad one last time before turning to the doctor. "Not since two weeks ago."

A big huff comes from the direction of dad who now has his arms crossed over his chest seeming to be disappointed that I said it.

I and Austin hadn't had any real type of sex going on ever since Lottie saw us that day but making out and cuddling was what we've been doing lately and it's just as great since I'm still wrapped close in his arms.

"You are the father of this baby correct." He points his eyes to Austin who's still sitting beside me on the bed with our hands intertwined together.

"I am," Austin replies with no question.

"Ok great take good care of her—you'll be ready to go once I get your discharge papers for you."

Heading home and what I mean is my apartment after my discharge from the hospital. Lottie decided that she would stay over and help me out with the unpacking before Austin comes over later tonight to prepare a nice meal for me. Well Lottie and him too but mostly me.

Lottie parks the car and they both head inside. I kick off my shoes at the door and pull my shirt over my head walking to the bedroom to change into an oversized t-shirt and shorts.

"Can you bring my clothes in here, please?" I holler out to the kitchen where Lottie walked off.

I wanna first to organize the bedroom since it's where I'll be spending my nights the most.

Not long after Lottie hauls in two boxes somehow walking perfectly through the door without sight ahead and sets them in front of me on the floor.

***