Chapter Nine: Nosey

When the sound of a door opens my heart feels like it has stopped beating. Whoever it was they weren't talking only standing in silence watching as we both lay still.

It couldn't be Willis because he knew his daughter was here and he would know right away that she was in my bed. He wouldn't waste a second to beat the crap out of me.

looking up at who had entered. Lottie Brookes.

It's that time already? I whisper to the beautiful woman and she gets out of bed.

I look over at Lottie. Why was she still standing there and hadn't walked out like a normal human being would if spotted two people in bed?

"Sir who are you texting in the middle of an important meeting?"

"It's not that important and whether I text or not it's not any of your concern," I say turning my eyes up from my phone.

"Aww, it's a woman." One of the female employees says suddenly up behind me. "She's pretty."

I flip the power off and stuff it back into my pocket. It wouldn't be any good if someone saw what I sent and what happened to them being professional.

"Is she your girlfriend?"

With a slight curve of my lips, I smile. Girlfriend? She should be after what we have going on.

"She is your smiling."

I shake my head and chuckle. "No, she's not she's just a very close friend of mine." Who I happen to spend a lot of nights with.

I have a feeling this isn't going to stop anytime soon.

"Most of you here know Mr. Thomas right so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who the pretty lady is," I say leaning back into my chair.

"Angel?! I hadn't seen her since she was so little she's grown up so well." Says the female employee.

You have no idea. I smile lightly nodding my head when I come across a picture laying in my gallery. I hadn't noticed Anny had gotten a hold of my phone at some point around one of our nights. A picture of us laying on my couch. I was sleeping soundly resting my head on her shoulder while she kissed the tip of my nose.

Well almost.

She was lucky I was asleep though because there was no way I would allow it if I weren't. If there was a time Willis or someone had to borrow my phone for a certain picture—which happens quite often. It would be a disaster.

But she's cute in it at least so I'll keep it.

***

After a long day of work, I lay down on the couch and finally relax. Today was an exhausting one. Left and right people were asking about my love life and my relationship with Anny even though I've explained it over a dozen times.

Anny means more to me than what I can share. Fifty percent see us as close friends and the other fifty percent as another dad to her. I hate that one I don't know where they get it but I'm not even close to being like a dad.

Biological or not dads don't have any sexual attraction or sleep with their daughters.

"Hey?" I hear a whisper against my ear.

The corner of my mouth lifts. "Resting what are you doing here?" I say opening an eye to see her face for a quick second when she plants a kiss.

I slide my hand to the back of her head and pull her closer.

She slowly pulls away with a serious look on her face.

"Do you love me?"

***
A week passes and I sit around the table with dad, Lottie, and Austin.

I feel sweaty and sick to the stomach. I'm so scared right now because I have to tell them now or they will find out from the size of my belly.

My belly has grown to the size that I have to hide it under oversized t-shirts and it hasn't been easy to avoid sex with Austin either when this pregnancy makes me hunger for it.

While dad and Austin were talking I rise from my seat and swallow the big lump in my throat.

Now all eyes were on me.

"Is something wrong Angel?" Dad asks.

I look at dad. My eyes glistening with tears. "Dad I'm—Sixteen weeks pregnant."

His face turns white as a sheet and everyone was quiet as a mouse. Austin didn't dare to speak he was horrified by the sudden news.

I mean so would I if I wasn't told sooner.

"Who is the father of this baby?" Dad finally speaks breaking the silence. I don't say anything but look over at Austin bursting into tears. Dad's hand slams against the table rattling everything on it.

"Who is the father!" He shouts. "Tell me!"

"It was my fault get mad at me ok? Austin only slept with me because I wanted him to!"

"Wha-"

Dad stands up, his eye burning with anger. "Lottie I think it's time for you to head home." He says with gritting teeth.

She picks up her bag by her feet and before heading out she looks at me with a frown of disappointment.

"Stand up you bastard!" He takes a hold of Austin's shirt and pulls him forward out of his chair. "How could you sleep with my daughter and betray my trust!"

"Dad stop it!" I cry. "If you're going to hate on him hate on me too I'm not a victim! I wanted it to happen, I just didn't expect to get pregnant after one night."

"Wow, you're not only a Bastard but an idiotic fool who gives into sex like it's a game." Dad shoves him back releasing his collar.

Fixing his shirt Austin chuckles shaking his head and before locking his eyes with mine he turns serious. "How long have you known?"

Tears continue to stream down my cheeks until it turns into a full sob. I hate the fact that I hid it from him for so long. I should have just told him that day so I could have felt okay instead of feeling alone the whole time.

"Anny?" He signs. "We'll talk about this later once you calm that flame on the top of that head of yours."

Dad's angry Austin's upset and Lottie left without saying a word. They're all not okay with the news.

Of course, they're not when I'm still young and in school.

Austin takes my hand and pulled me into a tight hug.