Sixteen

Lessons with Bruce had been going well, writing wasn't nearly as difficult as everyone had made it out to be.

What was difficult, was math.

Bruce had been cramming a few different beginner levels maths, sciences, English, and social studies.

English and science were the easiest to me. Social studies was boring, and math was stupid. Clint agreed with me on the math part.

I would be starting public school in a week and a half.

I wasn't sure how to feel about it, but Natasha and Wanda had taken me supplies shopping.

I had a dull red backpack. Tony had gotten me a phone, which was blue.

It was Christmas Eve. Tony had Christmas trees on every one of our personal floors (that were themed after the resident Avenger), and one of the biggest trees I'd ever seen on the main floor.

Coon and I were kittens, laying on our backs under the tree to look up at the twinkling lights, hidden amongst all the presents.

I'd never really had a Christmas before, especially not one like this.

The others were in the neighboring kitchen, eating the pre-Christmas meal that Steve and Natasha prepared.

I had finished my meal about fifteen minutes previous, so I suspected everyone else would be done soon.

I was proven right as I heard chairs scraping across the floor as everyone moved to get up.

Steps flooded the room as well as multiple muted conversations, all leading to the couches.

"Annabeth, come sit with us," I heard Wanda call.

I huffed and rolled over, Coon did so as well.

"Annabeth?" Pietro called a few moments later.

I meowed in response as I hopped over a couple of presents, onto the rug beside the tree.

"What were you doing under there?" Wanda asked as she picked me up.

Coon appeared a few seconds later, she smiled and picked him up too.

"You better not have been peeking," Pietro teased as Wanda handed me off to him, sitting beside him in the love seat.

"Is everyone ready?" Clint asked, holding the remote.

There was a movie on the screen, 'The Polar Express'.

"No," Steve called from the kitchen, he came out with Bruce a few moments later holding big tins of popcorn and platters of mugs with marshmallows overflowing the tops. There were candy canes poking out of the top of each mug.

The pair handed everyone a ton and a mug, Steve stopped at the loveseat, "Shift back so I can give you your hot chocolate Annabeth," he requested.

I did as he said, he handed me a Scarlet Witch mug, it smelled delicious. It tasted even better.