Twenty-One

The rest of the day went by relatively quietly; although, everyone kept eying me warily in the hallways. I hadn't seen 'Flash' or Eugene or whatever his name was since before lunch.

I had decided that my favorite classes were Art, Science, and PE. Peter and Ned didn't seem to like PE though, which was a shame.

Unfortunately, Peter and Ned rode the bus to get home.

So I was seated by myself outside of the school waiting for Bruce to pick me up.

There weren't as many people riding cars home as I would have thought, but that was fine.

I could feel all the kids staring holes into my back as I got in the car when Bruce finally pulled up.

He squinted at the kids staring at me, brow furrowed as I got in the car.

"How was school?" He asked a little confused, still staring at the other kids for a few seconds before driving off.

"It was good, I enjoyed the art class that Steve suggested," I informed him, buckling my seatbelt.

There was silence in the car for a long few moments before Bruce broke it, "So... do you want to tell me what that was about?" He asked, flicking his head in the direction of the school.

"What do you mean?" I asked, looking away from the window.

"All the kids staring at you like you were going to explode," Bruce said, looking at me in the rear view mirror with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh... That," I was hoping that he wouldn't have noticed and that I could've forgone informing them of the incident.

"I.. may or may not have thrown a boy into the lockers," I looked back out the window.

"Why... did you throw a boy into the lockers?" Bruce's voice was strained.

"He touched me, I did not like it,".

"We'll talk more about this when we get back to the tower okay? I feel likes there's more to unwrap than that," Bruce told me.

The rest of the drive was quiet.