#1 day one

elena's POV
i heard my 7:00am alarm clock go off on my bedside table and turned it off. it is a new day, a fresh start, and a long work day awaits.. but i am so comfortable under my blankets i honestly could stay sleeping.

i was closing my eyes when a smell of waffles flooded my room. thanks to it i immediately got up. the power that food has on me...

i proceeded with my morning routine. i washed my face, brushed my chestnut coloured hair, put some makeup, perfume, deodorant, etc. and got dressed. i put on a striped tee with some jeans, a brown leather jacket and black converse.

today was an important day, it was my first day of work at my cousin eric's salon. eric is a barber, but not ANY barber. his job is to groom, cut and dye FAMOUS FOOTBALLERS' hair. you heard me.

i've always enjoyed hairstyling. eric and i used to braid and style our family members' hair, even our dogs too haha. he decided to cultivate his passion and ended up with this incredible job.

eric brought autographed jerseys, cleats and balls for our family all of the time, which we enjoyed and bragged to our friends. nevertheless, none of us have ever visited eric's salon and come to contact with the players themselves due to privacy and security reasons.

however, i am currently on my last year of college and i needed a job, and eric offered me to be his assistant. without a doubt, i said yes. he told me that now, more than ever, he was gonna be busy and so he needed an extra hand. he put a lot of trust in me so i'm gonna be sure to do my best, i have already been researching.

"elena!", called my mom from the kitchen, "breakfast is ready!".

i crossed the living room to the kitchen where the glorious waffle scent was coming from.

"good morning el, did you rest well?", asked mom.

"good morning mom, yes i'm well rested and prepared", i answered, putting some maple syrup on my waffles. "thank you for the waffles, didn't expect this!"

"you're welcome dear, hope you enjoy them", she replied, smiling.

i finished breakfast, cleaned my plate and brushed my teeth, then waited for eric to pick me up. meanwhile, i took a look through his instagram page. i got kinda nervous from looking at all the famous players i would maybe encounter, it seemed like a dream. eventually, i heard a horn from outside and headed out the front door and to eric's car.

"wassup, elena! ready for today?", he shouted at me from his car.

"yes!!! we're gonna have so much fun", i said, winking at him.