#4 aftermath

"hey man, i'm sorry, i'll fix this," he said, "you did give me your consent though."

"it's fine, i trust you," he stated, "i just don't know how to react."

* * *

later that day i arrived home a bit defeated. i was tired from the incident today and from the gym. i just wanted to eat and go to sleep and start a new day tomorrow. my mom opened the door.

"hey elena! how was your first day at the salon?" she asked, then hugging me.

"not so good to be honest..." i replied as she closed the door.

"oh why? lets go while i prepare dinner and you tell me," she suggested, a bit worried.

i told my mom about the incident and she comforted me. i wouldn't say i doubted my whole abilities due to it but i expected to do better. i'll just keep educating myself and practising.

i went to my room and did my night time routine. i took off my make up and did my skincare, brushed my teeth, showered and put on comfortable pajamas.

i laid in bed and after being on my phone for a while i received a text message. it was from my best friend mariah. she's my friend since we were 13 and we still chat with each other even after we finished high school and went to different colleges.

mariah 💋
- hey eleeee💕
- how'd it go on your first day at footballer barber salon todayyyy? 🫣⚽️

elena
riaaaaaah❣️-
overall it went good, but i made a mistake 😵‍💫 -

mariah 💋
- whaaaaaaaattttt
- spill the 🍵 ...

i told her everything: my first impression of joão,  the good attempt at cutting his hair, how i ruined it by balding him and people's reactions.

mariah 💋
- YOU BALDED HIM???????
- BAHAHAH
- i'm sorry i just find it too funny 😭

elena
i actually don't blame you lmao -
i was about to laugh but realised the mess i did -

mariah 💋
- it's alright though, it was your first day
- you'll get better with practice :)

elena
i sure hope i do... 🫣 -

mariah 💋
- and sooo.. what do you think of him?

elena
of joão? -

mariah 💋
- no of my uncle.
- OF JOÃO OF COURSE

elena
gosh -
i think he's cute -

mariah 💋
- cute? nothing else?

elena
ALRIGHTTT he was fine as hell 🤧 -

mariah 💋
- THAT'S WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR

elena
and i think i caught him staring at me... -
but idk what he thinks after my mistake 🤡 -

mariah 💋
- okay okay okay
- can you please let that go
- just apologise so you can have some peace of mind
- promise? 🫶🏻

elena
yeah mkay, i promise 💕 -
ily 🫶🏻 -

mariah 💋
- ly girl 💘

after that i set my alarm for the morning. i am ready to get my needed rest again and start a new day. what happened today taught me a lesson, good thing it was with a trusted client.

i decided to take a look at joão's instagram out of curiosity. he had millions of followers, it's crazy. most if not all his posts were about football, and in the comments there were lots of girls crazy for him.

i received an incoming call from an unknown number. i answered.

"hey elena" a voice said.

"eric? is that you?"

"yeah hi! i had to change my number because  random people started texting me and i was afraid of them finding the footballers' numbers like last time"

"oooh alright"

"so, this week is going to be heavy as atlético de madrid is playing next thursday, you're going to have to help me a lot," he said.

"that's fine, i'll have to be careful with the clippers then"

"about that," he said. "i want to make sure you don't get frustrated or anything. i've made mistakes myself long after being new to this, so don't worry, it's just part of the process and luckily hair grows back again!"

"thank you eric, i really needed that. especially from you."

"you'll be doing amazing in no time ele, i'll see you tomorrow!" he said excitedly.

"see you!" i replied, hanging up.

looking back on today, i had a good start. i'm excited for the days to come and i'm sure i will do better.

hey guys!! simple chapter as a christmas present but soon there will be great stuff 😌

thank you for saving the book and for voting 😘 merry christmas!!🎄