𝕮𝖚𝖑𝖙𝖗𝖔 𝖎𝖓 𝕿𝖊𝖗𝖌𝖚𝖒

"𝕬 what now?"

"A small disruption."

"How small is this disruption?" Taimoor's jaw hung for a beat choosing his words carefully. Emotions clashed inside my head. Part of me was excited at the possibility, but another part was cautious.

"It's enough to make some noise."

"And who's doing what exactly?"

"We're doing what's needed," I noticed a deep crease in his forehead that formed every time he retreated into deeper thoughts. That was new.

"What is with all of this secrecy... what do you think I'm going to do? Run off and tell Daada Jaan?" I almost laughed at the insinuation, but his face insisted he was serious.

"No, you might feel guilty about this and since you're his golden grandchild. He is going to read it on your face."

"She can help," Asfand sucked in a cheek, brows raising half an inch, his gaze meaningful.

"How can she help?"

"She gets more access than I ever could, even with your grandfather trusting me-" he pushed back the wavy hair on his forehead and leaned next to the window. It was the posture of a man who didn't like being doubted. "She could be the bridge."

"Wait wait wait... you're in on this? Like in in? What are you going to do? Block his finances? Ruin his investments?" my questions pulled a mask over Asfand's features, rendering them unreadable. He gestured to Taimoor, who's sharp features became even more lethal when he scowled

"She's bloodthirsty."

"I'm not-" they cut me off, their eyes working through some sort of argument, but eventually my steady gaze forced them to concede. "What!"

"We're going to buy the land that the Mughal Co. building stands on."

"Oh," the answer wasn't one I was expecting. A jolting shock rippled underneath my skin, my body momentarily stunned into stillness. "Why?"

Asfand stared at me as if I had grown three heads, his body moving towards the drinks table and Taimoor took a placating breath before replying. "Because the lease is ending. It's been fifty years since the company was allotted this land-"

"Daada Jaan didn't have the funds to fully buy it when the business was taking off and he negotiated instalments," yeah, I knew this story. He'd drilled it into us since we were three years old.

"So he got the founding members of the board involved, gave them all a stake in the company and named the land under Mughal Co.," Taimoor completed in the same tone.

"And now?"

"Now, he's going to try and buy the land back."

"To own it?" I crossed my arms, doubt tainting my words as I asked.

"To own it. To give it to our father or our eldest brother, could be either one of them," which was out of the question.

I sucked in a breath as his meaning doused me with lava. "And you? How are you involved in this?"

Asfand picked up his glass and considered my statement, a small smile warming his lips. "I'm arranging the finances, getting a good sense of what your grandfather might be thinking of spending-"

"I'm guessing your arrival and your involvement with the company- both of these events were planned?" I shrugged a shoulder, trying to appear nonchalant. He pressed his lips together, like he wasn't sure what I wanted to hear. "How are you getting the funds to win the bidding war?"