𝕸𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖈𝖔

𝕲od, if only my brothers could see me now.

Altamash, as expected, had thrown a hissy fit choosing to go head to head with Daada Jaan. Furious at my victory and humbled by the support I'd received, he'd left the house with his wife, only cementing how unfit he was for the role. Daada Jaan's disappointment and disapproval was a neon sign pointing to his plummeting levels of confidence in the new CEO of Mughal Co.

And the other one, Taimoor, also acted just as expected. He had maintained his sullen silence. Which was contrastingly, a vote of confidence from his end.

"You couldn't have picked a better time boss," Ushna grumbled out, one of her hands clutched around her coffee cup, the other swiping on her phone.

"Glad you approve."

"Oh I approve," her eyes moved to the figure waiting for us on the tarmac. "I approve wholeheartedly."

Clouds blanketed the sky and threatened rain, but Asfand wore sunglasses as he stood on the tarmac beside the family jet, deep in conversation on his phone as I climbed out of the back seat of the Rolls Royce that had been sent to pick us up.

When he spotted me lingering beside the car, he stopped talking mid-sentence. I couldn't see his gorgeous dark eyes behind the dark lenses, but I imagined them studying and evaluating me. I'd made a conscious effort not to dress too sexy, but when his sunglasses came off, it looked as if I'd failed.

My feelings came back with a vengeance.

Shit, I wanted him.

And he stared back like he wanted me, too.

"Whew, if that's how it's going to be, I can't wait to hangout with you guys. See you inside boss."

I should have followed her and went straight up the sleek, luxury airplane I'd spend the next six hours on with our small team, but instead my gaze stayed on the man dressed in a white dress shirt and jeans, casual and normal, looking anything but average.

A strange mixture of power and charisma, as my mother would have said, if she'd taken the time to look at him. There was an otherworldly sense about him, like the air parted and moved differently around him in a more respectful way.

It wasn't Asfand's fault he'd been born this way any more than it was my fault I'd come from a family that was wealthy. But as he stood there, looking like the world was at his fingertips, I felt both jealousy and admiration. I wanted a confidence like his. The easy going charm and natural poise. The knowledge that my presence was enough.

And maybe if I pulled it off at Monaco, it would be.

"Morning?"

"Good morning," the tension between us grew until it became unbearable, and I broke, walking towards him. When I reached the base of the stairs, he held out a hand, gesturing for me to go up first.

"After you."

I latched my fingers around the metal railing and began to climb, keeping my mind focused on the steps rather than the distraction following behind me.

Ushna sat at the back already on the phone, her laptop out, coordinating with the team on the ground. His personal assistant sat on the opposite side, standing up and giving me a brief nod as I approached. I watched him note the interior of the plane, a nice contrast to the constant darkness he'd been treated to. Spacious pairs of seats wrapped in creamy white leather partitioned with rich mahogany walls. Asfand handed him a file before he dropped down into the seat beside me, nodding to the flight attendant when she handed us glasses of fizzy water, and then turned his full attention on me.