𝕾𝖆𝖑𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖘

"𝕺ne final time, we have the dinner with the auction and then the dance in the main ballroom?"

"All the vendors have confirmed, we've got the lists double checked, the guests will begin to arrive at seven and the Gala is scheduled to end at twelve."

"That's five hours of non stop vigilance... I hope you know that."

"Would you like to take a look at the final seating chart before the event tomorrow?"

"Let's have a look at what my grandfather has proposed."

"Of course. Anything else?"

"Yes, have Mr. and Mrs. Affandi confirmed their attendance?"

"I believe they RSVP'd yes."

"Have them seated at the President's table, next to his party's chairman. They're old friends and colleagues, I'm sure they'll keep each other company throughout the night," she nodded briskly, understanding my meaning.

"Baila, how's my dress coming along?"

"All ready to go, in your wardrobe. The House of Dior has also extended its sincere wishes for the success of your Gala and has made a generous donation."

"Perfect, I'll have to thank them personally. Make a note of that. Anything else?"

"Your grandfather has asked to see you as soon as you're free and this came for you, from the office."

The note was only a few sentences, written in a script I'd never seen before that spoke of Asfand all the same.

I held the paper in both hands, heart beating hard.

Ushna clutched her iPad up her chest, her wide eyes on the half a dozen large bouquets being placed on the table in front of me. "Well fuck me."

Bela stared at the arrangements, a slight smile on her face. "Would you like these to be placed in your closet and in your room?"

I bit my lip and nodded. "That will be all ladies, thank you."

Both of them left looking slightly dazed and surprised. Then I marched down to Daada Jaan's office and knocked on the door.

He opened the door himself, tall and unreadable as always. He had been in an extremely joyful mood after Monaco, happy with the team's win, satisfied with the connections made and the deals secured.

Seemed like that mood had run its course.

"Is there a reason you're standing outside my door?" he glowered down at me.