𝕱𝖆𝖙𝖆 𝖁𝖎𝖆𝖒 𝕴𝖓𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖙

𝕸y body hummed like a struck tuning fork when I saw him. He was fucking incredible. He wore a short-sleeved shirt, his ink on full display. The grey shirt he was wearing was much tighter than anything he used to wear. I just stood there and took a moment to appreciate just how damn hot he was. The man was made of sin. He shouldn't be fucking legal.

My fingers pulled at my dress, hiding in case I didn't scrub them clean enough. I had held them under the scalding water in my en suite bathroom before I'd come down to the kitchens, until my skin felt raw, but I could still feel paint everywhere. Could also feel the raw emotions I'd tried to expunge from that exercise.

"Good morning," I said shyly, hiding my smile behind the mug. "I made coffee."

He returned my grin. "Morning."

"Enjoying yourself?" he arched an eyebrow at me cockily.

"Immensely."

"Come here," he asked, looping a finger through my jeans and pulling me towards him.

"Do you want me to make you a cup?"

"After."

"After?"

He took me by surprise when his hands rested at my jaw, tipping up my face to press my mouth to his. I sighed softly into it, parting my lips to chase after his tongue. My fingertips memorised every hill and valley wherever they went. The hard and chiseled muscles in his chest were soft now, and his inhales and exhales gently rose and fell at a steady cadence. Two gorgeous tattoos lines.

Before I pulled away, I took just enough to get me through the day, unsure of when I would be able to properly touch him again.

"After," he clarified. My smile barely contained my giggle.

"Well, I'd say this is a better wake-up call than coffee," I teased.

"Have you had any yet?"

He reached to tuck one stray tendril of hair behind my ear, letting his thumb linger at my cheek to swipe back and forth. It might be the first time he'd allowed myself to really drink me in, too careful before this to let his gaze linger for too long.

"Nope and it's my first time making it. Figured I could work the machine."

"And Mrs. Khan let you?"

"She doesn't know."

"Did you sleep last night?"

My heart did a somersault in my chest, heat traveling up my cheeks as I felt myself growing flustered. "Not really."

"I hope painting helped?"

I blushed and nodded. "How are we going to tell them?"

He chuckled. "I think they already know Zee, we haven't exactly been subtle."

"Not about the engagement they don't."

"Pretty sure it's implied," his head tilted to the side.

"You seem confident about it."

"Of course I'm confident," he declared, getting another cup and placing it in my hands. "I have no reason not to be."

"Hmm," I grumbled, flushing in embarrassment at my abysmal flirting skills. I wanted to focus on what we were talking about. It could screw me over if I said the wrong thing, but my mind was still hooked on what just happened between us. Take it slow.

I was engaged.

Asfand raked his fingers down my arms, over my ring, up my chest, around my neck and down my back. He was everywhere.