Epilogue

As the door shut behind him, Razz took a deep breath, and the weight of being trapped in that horrid building was finally released from his back; he was going home. Artemis stood beside him, holding a box of possessions in his paws. Once Razz had seated himself in the van, he handed the box to him, which Razz clutched tightly.

"It's been so long...I don't know what's going to happen to me..." Razz admitted, suddenly feeling a pang as he realized he would be losing one of his best friends for quite possibly the rest of his life. 

"I'm sure you'll be fine, Razz. I've known you for four years. You're a fighter." Artemis gave a small smile and ruffled the cat's fur. Razz couldn't help but let a small tear squeak out before briskly wiping it away.

"I'm going to miss you," he said quietly, grabbing the lion in a big ole hug.  Artemis, unsurprised, hugged him back. Razz was going to miss those hugs. Even though he couldn't remember most of the past two years of his regression, he knew that Artemis had taken excellent care of him.

"I know buddy. I'll miss you too. But you have so much of your life ahead of you now! Don't you feel different?" Artemis said, holding the smaller cat's shoulders as if he was studying him.

"I think so," Razz admitted. "But some things still feel a bit--off....is that normal?"

Artemis shrugged,

"Most regressors usually feel like that after going through all five levels."

Razz nodded. The driver of the van started the engine, and he felt another wave of sadness as the lion gave him one more hug before the car door closed, and the vehicle sped down the driveway towards the gate.

                                                                                                   -

Razz let out a snort as he realized that he was back in his apartment. He must have fallen asleep. He was sprawled out nice and comfy on a warm mattress. He sat up, expecting to see his bedroom; normal blue bed, small TV, etc. But what appeared before his eyes was beyond his expectation. Instead of a normal bed, he was sitting inside a crib. And when he looked down below him, his sheets were wet, as if someone had accidentally wet themselves during the night.