44 | nothing to you

Chapter fourty-four:

"Do I look okay?" Ria had fished her creased garments from the forgotten heap on the car floor. To Blaine's bemusement (and disappointment), she'd made him cover his eyes and turn around whilst she'd redressed herself.

Ria's complexion had that all-too-familiar post-cardio gleam, even though the concealer beneath her eyes and around her nasolabial folds had budged. Now, she utilised her nimbly fingers to comb out her partially damped strands of hair before patting her cheeks to ensure her foundation didn't appear streaky. "Well? How do I look?"

"Honestly? Like you just got fucked."

"Blaine! You can't say that when we still have to go back there!" She ploughed an elbow against his hard chest. Still, she wasn't really peeved, the upward curvature of her mouth defying her words and actions.

He peeked at her whilst clumsily completing the buttoning of his waistcoat. He squinted as he acknowledged the juxtaposition between her two eyes. "You look good. But you're missing your...lashes." He gestured around her left eye.

She manoeuvred her hand across her face, registering the apparent absence of her false lashes. "Oh, shit. Where is it?" She plunged between the seats as he switched his phone's flash on. "It must have fallen off whilst we were—" She ceased, darting back at him. "You don't think.." She tugged at his trousers and boxers, peering down at his crotch.

"Why would your lashes be there?"

"I don't know. I thought it might've got stuck to your ballsack while I was—"

"Look, you don't need to use your lashes to get another round in. I'm already ready to go." He flashed a toothy grin before registering the mildly irate expression etched across her face. "You can just take the other lash off. No one will even notice. There." He gently tugged the right lash away, clutching her forearm to settle her back up before lugging her hand into his own, the warmth radiating from his to hers. "Come on, Ri, let's get back in there."

The two slinked into the hall, an hour had lapsed, but amid the dancing and drinking, the guests didn't appear to notice their absence. Or, so they thought.

"And, where have you been?" Hazel emerged behind them, hands perched on her wide hips, peering at Ria before gripping her chin to analyse her face.

"Hazel, get off. You're ruining my makeup."

"It's already ruined. Clearly, you two were out playing hide the sausage, but at your own brother's wedding?" She twisted toward Blaine. "At your best friend's wedding, huh?" She cocked her head to the side in mock solemnity before crowing. "Does this mean you two are official now?" Blaine flared his mouth to respond, but she jumped up before he could speak. "Oh, I'm so happy for you guys! But I would like to formally put in my request for a nephew first, please!"

Ria let out an embarrassed sigh, but she could hear Blaine chuckling behind her, his hands threading around her waist, nudging her to rest on him. The mere action restored a state of tranquillity within her. "I'll see what I can do." He quipped in response.

They slipped into the ocean of bodies garnishing the mirror-adorned dance floor, quickly reuniting with Lydia and Reid. The couple appeared far more at ease than had been the case during and after the ceremony.

"You need to help me find a boyfriend - or girlfriend now. Everyone's all boo'ed up, and then there's just me. On the sidelines."

"Have you tried a dating app, Hazel?" Ria placed her index finger in her ear, attempting to vocalise over the booming music radiating through the hall.