Christmas Eve At Papa's Cupcakeria

Author Note: This will be a Christmas EVE special.  The birthday/Christmas special will be after this chapter. I apologize if these two chapters are coming late.  I have been busy.  I also apologize if they seem short/rushed.

It was Christmas Eve in the Flipverse.  Family and friends were gathering around for Christmas and Winter-related events, including Evelyn and Tohru.  They were getting ready to go to Frostfield for Christmas Eve.  They wanted to have some holiday cupcakes and maybe see Santa, as he liked to visit the Cupcakeria especially during the holidays.

"Guess what Tohru?  IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE!!!" Evelyn announced enthusiatically.

"YAY!" Tohru cheered. "My favorite holiday besides the Cherry Blossom Festival!"

"Put your winter clothes on." Evelyn requested. "It's gonna be very cold."

"Say, can I bring Shawna and Ethan?" Tohru asked.

"If they are free, then sure!" Evelyn happily obliged.

. . .

Tohru opened her phone to the group chat she is in with Shawna and Ethan and typed "Hey, guys.  Are you free?"

While she was waiting for their replies, Tohru changed into her warmer outfit, better known as her Style B outfit.  After all that, Shawna and Ethan had replied.

"Yep, I'm free.  Why do you ask? ^^" Shawna typed.

"Yes.  I'm free.  What's up?" Ethan typed.

"I was wondering if you guys wanted to come with me and Evelyn to the Cupcakeria in Frostfield for Christmas Eve and have some holiday cupcakes." Tohru offered.

"Awwww I would love to.  Thank you for inviting me! <333" Shawna typed.

"Sure, I would love to go. ^^ Thank you for the invite." Ethan typed.

"Alright.  Meet me and Evelyn at the Cupcakeria by 6:00PM.  Dress warm. ^^"

"Okay. ^^" Shawna typed.

"Aight.  Will do." Ethan typed.

. . .

After the two had dressed accordingly, Shawna invited Ethan over to her place so that they could go together.  They lived in the same town, so it only took a few minutes for him to get there.

"Hey, Ethan?  Excited to spend Christmas Eve with your future girlfriend?" Shawna teased.

"Uhhh...I don't like Tohru that way..." Ethan blushed.

"Yeah, right..." Shawna teased again.

"Listen, she and I are just friends..." Ethan sweated.

"Well, right now you guys are just friends.  But you guys could become more..." Shawna predicted.

"Ummhm..." Ethan froze.

Shawna looked at the clock. "Well, it's 5:00PM" she announced. "We should probably go ahead and call an uber, since it will take about an hour to get there from here."

"Aight." Ethan agreed. "I'm excited for this evening."

"Same here." Shawna said with a soft smile.

With that, they called an uber and instructed the driver to take them to Papa's Cupcakeria.

The ride over there was beautiful.  There was snow falling from the sky and everything was decorated with lights.  It was already starting to get dark due to the shorter days and longer nights.

"Are you excited for Christmas tomorrow?" Shawna asked.

"Yep." Ethan said. "I hope we can all spend tomorrow together as well."

"Same here." Shawna agreed.

Tohru and Evelyn were already at the Cupcakeria when Shawna and Ethan got there.  They headed into the bakeria together only to see that Santa was also there.

Willow was working as a chef and James was working as a server.  Shawna, Ethan, Evelyn, and Tohru placed their orders.

Shawna ordered two chocolate cupcakes with pink icing on one and chocolate icing on the other.  The pink frosted cupcake was topped with chocolate drizzle.  Both of them had chocolate chips, a Christmas tree cookie, and candy presents on the sides.

Ethan ordered two kiwi cupcakes.  One of them had green frosting while the other had forest green frosting.  They both had chocolate drizzle and each of them were topped with three Christmas tree cookies.

Tohru ordered strawberry cupcakes with pink frosting.  One of them had vanilla drizzle while the other had strawberry drizzle.  Both cupcakes had a gingerbread cookie in the middle and frosted flowers on the sides.

Evelyn ordered vanilla cupcakes.  One of them had mocha frosting while the other had red frosting.  They both had chocolate drizzle, chocolate chips, and frostcaps, and were topped with cherries in the middle and nutty butter cups on the sides.

As they were waiting for their orders, they admired the beautiful scenery.  Inside and out.  The inside had beautiful Christmas-themed wallpaper and flooring.  There was also a gorgeous tree with fake presents under it.  The wall trims were decorated with lights.  To top it all off, there were Christmas songs playing softly through the Cupcakeria.

It was snowing pretty hard outside.  It was getting dark, but the remaining sunlight was enough.

"I love this time of year." Shawna sighed happily.

"SAAAAAAAAAAAAME!" Ethan cheered.

"It doesn't beat the Cherry Blossom Festival, but it comes pretty damn close." Tohru added.

"Ho Ho Ho!" Santa exclaimed.

"Oh!  Hi, Santa!" Shawna greeted back.

"Hi!" Tohru beamed.

"We are all so happy to see you here!" Ethan added.

"So, what do you guys want for Christmas?" Santa asked.

"I want a chemistry set." Ethan answered.

"I want a Cherry Blossom plant." Tohru answered.

"I want...it's a secret..." Shawna sighed.

"You can tell me." Santa reassured Shawna.

"I want to spend Christmas with my true love...but he lives in another universe.  The Miitopia one to be specific..."

"I don't know what to do about that..." Santa responded.

"Say..." Ethan began.  "I could probably use my necklace to bring him from the Miitopia universe to this one."

"WHAT?!" Shawna cheered. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME SOONER?!" Shawna asked excitedly.

"You never said anything, silly." Ethan said, light heartedly.

"CAN WE TRY IT?!" Shawna pleaded.

"After Tohru completes the game. I want him to be a surprise for her when she gets to that point." Ethan answered.

"Okay, I understand." Shawna replied.

"The cupcakes are ready!" James announced.

With that, they all enjoyed some holiday cupcakes.  Afterwards, the four went ice skating as snow fell on them.

. . .

After they all got back to Sakura Bay, Ethan and Tohru ended up going to separate stores.  Ethan bought a cherry blossom planet, while Tohru bought a chemistry set.  They both had heard each other tell Santa their Christmas wish.