Square King Ranked Cup, Semi-finals Round One! Part 1

Your POV
Manta Maria

We made our way to the next area, knowing it's Vintage's match, knowing who's he's going against. Catherine and Beret say that's Ace's team. Apparently, it's a full team of Octolings. They're a bit scary and taller than most of us. I think they can be mistaken for adults by their size. Goggles was so excited to watch this match. "Ranked Battle Cup semi-final, first round! Team X-Blood versus Team Starlight!" Both Marina and Pearl stated. The crowd's going wild. "This is our X Ranked versus X Ranked team! How exciting!?" Marina stated. "I feel like Vintage is gonna fight for his life right now" I say as I watch both teams at their spawns. I look at the three male Octolings as Hachi observes them. "So a Hydra Splatling, N-Zap '89, Carbon Roller and Custom Dualie Squelchers" I state as I stare at their weapons. "All of them use a wide range, one backliner, one support, and two frontliners, which isn't a bad thing" Toby says as he watched. "X-Blood has managed to defeat Prince, who has even greater potential than Emperor!" Marina announced. "And for the toughest all boys team! They're known for the definition of manly!" Pearl states.

"They're manly with a girly name?" I say confused. "I mean, they can be, you know...that kind" Toby says as Cody stares. "Gays?" We both look at him and whack him. "You gotta say it?" I say as Toby crosses his arms. "Weren't you thinking it, too?" Cody says, holding his hands up, defending himself, we shook our heads. Catherine comes over with food. "Whats wrong with Cody? Why's he looking like that?" She asks. "He said something he shouldn't" I respond. "You know the usual" Toby says, Catherine looks. "Okay! The rules for the Semi-finals! It's Rainmaker!" Marina says, gaining our attention. "Blast the opponent with the Rainmaker!" Pearl states. "You're all fired up, Pearlie!" Marina says, smiling. "The team that manages to carry the Rainmaker over to the other team's base wins! Even if you can't take it to their base, the closer you take it, the better!" Pearl explains. "The Stage is Manta Maria!" Marina says. "Isn't that no different than the Santa Maria?" I questioned. "I thought the same thing. The stage is nice though" Toby says. "Yeah, sure, as long you don't fall in" I smirk. "It's floating on the sea! Be careful not to fall!" Pearl warns.

"This is exciting!" Goggles says as he dances being silly, but he moves around too much and ends up falling in the water. "Aaaah!" Goggles shouts, panicking. "I got too excited about the match, and I fell!" Goggles shouts. "See, that's what'll happen" Pearl points out. "Goggles!" Gloves shouts about to fall to get him. I grab the collar of his shirt, stopping him, and then I pull out a portable fishing rod and fish him out with it. "Hahaha, the irony" Cody says, laughing. "Heh, you're right" I smirk. "Okay! Let's start the game!" Pearl says. "Thanks (Y/n)!" Goggles says, smiling while still hanging on the hook. "Yes, yes, next time, be careful, I won't always be around to save you" I sigh, letting him stand, and I detach the hook off him. "Semi-finals, first round!" Pearl starts. "Let's see how well of an X you are...." One of the Starlight members says to Vintage. Vintage stares. "You'll see it once it starts" he says.

Ready?

Go!

That's when both teams start moving. As I watched, I noticed Team Starlight, I saw how they moved like how players did in the game, they rushing for their locations. "Their moves...." I mutter. 'I guess there's players out there who play like the game, but with a twist, they're more free to move compared to how the game let's you move' I thought. "Both teams have made their way to the Rainmaker at the center!" Marina states. "Whoa, they're really moving!" Goggles says, smiling. I soon saw Red-Sole make her way to the Rainmaker with Double Egg. "Tee-hee" Red-Sole giggles as she goes for the Rainmaker. Her and Double Egg shoot at it, popping it. "Ooooooh! Looks like Team X-Blood has made it to the Rainmaker first!" Pearl says.

Little that they know, Ace came out of his hiding spot and fired his Hydra Splatling at Red-Sole just as she grabbed it. "Aaah!" She yelped before being splatted. We saw her being taken back to spawn. "Looks like Team Starlight stopped them from even getting it anywhere!" Marina states. Double got alerted and used his Dualie roll to dodge Ace's attack. "Carp! They've been waiting for us to grab it!?" He says as he then saw their Dualies user come out from his left in the ink they hid in. Shooting him down, splatting him too. They started inking around to the Rainmaker and shot at it with Ace popping it. "Looks like Team Starlight got the Rainmaker!" Marina says as the N-Zap user grabs the Rainmaker. The dualies user starts to ink a path for the runner. The runner starts charging it and then shoots it towards Vintage and Omega. Both who were taken by surprise but moved out the way of the blast. Their carbon roller then goes ahead of the runner, making the path, and the dualies user takes the other route to their base.