Sketches ✍︎︎

The birds were chirping. What time is it? I ask myself. I open my eyes and see a sleeping Deku. I place my hand on his face and smile. I'm so glad we're together. I think as I roll over and grab my phone. It's 9:13. I think.

I slowly get up and make sure I don't wake deku up, I walk out of the room quietly. I go out to the kitchen and decide I'm gonna make simple pancakes and waffles. I get everything I need and start cooking.

They're almost done by now, should I go wake deku up? I think as I hear someone walk out. "What smells so good?" Auntie Inko says. I smile and say, "I'm making us pancakes and waffles." I said. "Really? How nice of you." She says and smiles. She goes over and sits at the table and gets on her phone. I quickly finish up the food and put it all down on some plates. "It's ready!" I say to Inko, "I'm gonna go get Deku." I say and walk back into his room.

I walk over to his sleeping body and softly shake his arm. "Deku, wake up, I made us some breakfast." I say and deku opens his eyes. "Okay," he says and stretches his arms and legs out. He smiles at me and I smiled at him. "Come out when you fully wake up, I'll make you a plate." I say and walk out. I go back to the kitchen and get a plate of 2 pancakes for Deku and one of for me. I sit down at the table and put his plate down next to mine. "Is he coming?" Inko asks. "Yeah, he should be out in a few seconds," I say exactly as he walks out and sits down. "These smell good." He says. "That's what I said!" Auntie says and cuts her pancakes up. "Merry Christmas guys!" She says happily, "Merry Christmas," me and Deku say as we continue stuffing our faces with the food.

"Mmm! These are really good, Katsuki!" Auntie Inko says and takes a few more bites. "Thanks." I say and eat as well.

We finish our food and Deku says, "Thank you." As he looks over at me. I blush and say "Welcome" and look away. Inko giggles and I collect their plates and head over to the sink. "I can get that, you guys go have fun, okay?" Auntie Inko says. "Okay, come on kacchan!" Deku says and we walk back to his room. I follow him and when we get into his room we start talking. "What do you wanna do later?" He asks me. "I'm down for anything." I say and check my phone. It's now almost 11 AM. "Well, I don't know, I'm also down for anything." He says. "Is there anything you've been wanting to do? Or anywhere you've been wanting to go?" I ask and he says. "Hmm, not that I can recall." He says. "Do you wanna go on a walk? We can go to the park or something." He says after. "Sure," I say and grab my shoes.

We both put our shoes on and walk out of Deku's room. "We're going on a walk!" Deku said loudly to let Inko know we were heading out. "Okay!" She says back. We walk out of the house.

Deku shivers slightly as the cold air hits us. "It's cold!" He says and snuggles into my hoodie, well, it used to be mine. Now it's his. I think. I walk closer to him and put my arm around his back and it rests on the lower side of his waist. He looks up at me and smiles.

We walked for a while before we finally got to the park. "It looks the same as I remembered," I say and step up and start walking on the snow-covered mulch. "Yeah, not much has changed since then." He says and sits down on a swing. I sit down on the one next to him.

We talked, sang and played on the playground for around an hour. There was a sign that said 'for 12 and under' but we decided that we don't give a fuck. It was around 1 after we calmed down and started walking back home. "Wait!" Deku says and stops walking. We were halfway back when "I remember something!" He says. "Huh?" I ask and get yanked by the hand. He holds my hand as we run. "Why are we running?" I ask and deku laughs. "Just follow me." He says. Soon we got to the edge of the neighborhood, in front of a big forest. "Do you remember it yet?" He asks me. "Kinda, why are we here?" I ask as me and deku walk into the woods. There was a small pathway we had made when we were small kids. We made it our secret spot back here. I think as we walk into an open area. Memories come flooding back to me as I see the old trampoline.