Chapter 17

"My mother's what?!? Who is this what kind of a sick ass joke are you pulling! My mother has been dead dumbass!" I shout into my phone. The voice coming from the phone is a guy with a raspy smokers voice but deep enough to make you shit your pants if he yells. "Don't worry about it and just listen. You are to bring yourself to the abandoned warehouse on Wilson Rd. And you won't bring anyone with you. If you do or even just tell someone about this conversation You and your family is dead. Understood?" He says threateningly. I gulp. I can't lose another family. Not the one I just got. "When do I need to be there and what do I need to bring." I say trying to make me sound as confident as possible but I'm shaking all to hell. "That's a good girl. You definitely take after your daddy." He says in a pleased tone. But that's when it hits me. Shit. Nonononono! Why is this happening. I knew I heard that voice somewhere! Fuck! I gulp. "Be at the warehouse on Friday by 8:30pm. If your not say goodbye to your family." He says then hangs up. I drop my phone in fear and I start shaking. Tears stream down my face. I hear my phone buzz. I pick it up to see an unknown number sent me a picture. I open the picture and I see my mother's body. She has slits in her throat and all over her body is bloodied and bruised. Her lips are purple and there is no signs of life. I throw my phone and cry. I feel my chest tightening as the world around me turns grey and fuzzy. I start screaming and throwing shit.

I felt someone's hands wrap around my shoulders grabbing my hands and crossing them across my chest. I hear them saying something but I can't make out what their saying or even who they are. My panic raises. "LET ME GO! LET ME GO! LET ME GO!" I starts thrashing around and struggling. I kick the person but they don't let go. I start breathing heavy as sweat and tears pour down my face. I cry and it gets to the point where I can feel myself struggling to breathe. And that's exactly what's happening. I can't hear or see anything my mind is running 1000mp/h. The person holding my arms engulfs me in a hug just for me to push them away. My breathing becomes hitched and all I can remember is seeing black engulf me into it's abyss of nothingness.

(Jack's P.O.V)

I put down the groceries to grab my keys when I heard screaming. My initial response was to break down the door and run inside but that wouldn't have been a smart move. So I quickly grab my key out of my pocket and I unlock the door. I open it to se a very distressed Sarah. I run over to her as I see she's having a manic episode. I grab her hands and I cross them over her chest. Not only to protect her from self harm but to protect myself as well. Being a school counselor really does have it's perks. But then Sarah starts kicking and screaming even louder. "LET ME GO! LET ME GO! LET ME GO!" She screams as she kicks me right in the knee. "Shh Sarah it's okay sweetie it's ok. It's just me uncle Jack." I say trying to calm her down. But nothing seems to be working. She's starts thrashing around again and I start to get really concerned. I let go of her arms and I hug her only to be pushed away. This is really bad. "Sarah sweet heart listen I need you to calm down." I say sternly. Her breathing hitches and she starts hyperventilating. I grab my phone and I try to call Luke, but no answer. "Shit." I say as I try to call Cal. Still no answer. Then I try Ash. "Hello?" He says as he answers the phone. "Fucking christ finally. It's Sarah I came home and she was having a manic episode." I say to Ash. "Shit what happened?!?" He said as the sounds of rushing around can be heard from the other side of the phone. "I don't know Ash I came home and she was screaming and throwing shit." I say as I still proceed to try to calm her down. "Luke and Cal didn't answer their phone." I say. Ash let's out a puff of frustration. "Luke and Cal are in surgery right now the hospital is packed all to hell and seriously under staffed. Did she hurt herself anywhere as far as you can see?" He asks concerned as he talks to a nurse on the other side. "Besides bleeding scratches nothing." I say looking over her. I them notice she starts to sway. "Ash she's gonna pass out." I say as I watch her body flop into my arms. "Well I hate to say it but I'm glad." He says. I put Ash on speaker as I lay Sarah down on the couch. "I laid her on the couch but what should I do?" I ask as I put a pillow under her head. "I'll be home soon and I'll bring a relaxer to be on the safe side. Put a cool wash rag on her head and keep her body temperature down. I don't want her to over heat. I'll get ahold of Luke and or Cal on my way out if they aren't busy. I have my nurse paging them now." He says. "Okay." I say as I look at Sarah's sleeping body. I see a light flash on the ground my the couch. I bend down to see what is there and I see Sarah's phone. I pick it up and I see a picture. I was devastated. I was distraught. "What the fuck." I say examining the picture. Before I do anything else I take a picture on my phone of the picture on hers. "Ash I'm gonna let you go I have to call the police." I say in a serious tone and I hang up. I call the local police department and inform them on my findings. Soon closer examination of the photo I realize it's Sarah's mother, but why and how? her mother has been dead. What the fuck kind of a sick joke is this?

"Jack I'm here." Ash says rushing into the room with a bag. "I'm gonna check her over real quick." He says completely oblivious to the photo situation. I don't say anything and let him do his thing.

He checks her blood pressure and puts an oximeter on her finger as those are the main concerns when someone passes out do to lack of oxygen. "Her blood pressure is high and her oxygen stats are low but not dangerously low. I'm going to give her a relaxer to get her blood pressure down." He says putting gloves. I nod staring out the window waiting for the police officer. "Hey Jack you ok?" He asks snapping off his gloves. "Yah are you done checking her over?" I ask. He nods and closes the bag. "Why what's up?" I ask. "I found something on Sarah's phone." I say taking out my phone and pulling up the picture. I hand the phone to Ashton which makes him gasp. "What the hell?" He says examining the photo. "Whose that?" He says wide eyed. "It's her mom." I say seriously. "Who the fuck would do such a cruel and nasty thing?" He says trying not to let his anger show. "I don't know but I called the cops I'm just waiting for one to come over." I say just as the sounds of a car pulling up echoes outside. I look out the window and see the police officer. "Their here." I say opening the front door.

In the middle of the conversation with the police Calum and Michael walk into the house. "What the hell is going on in here?" Michael asks. "I'll tell you later." Ash says. He just nods and walks past us and heads to his room. Meanwhile Calum stands in the entrance of the living room and stares. "You have five seconds to tell me why I come home after a long ass day to three missed phone calls eight messages from you and Ashton and now the cops in my house. Where is my child and what the hell happened?" Calum say seriously as his stab us with dagger eyes. So we tell him the whole story and continue with our conversation with the police.

"Well we will let you know if we come across anything. We greatly appreciate it. But we would need to consult the victim which would be miss Sarah. If you can bring her down to the station sometime this week so we can get a report that would be amazing." The officer says. We nod in agreement and they head out.

Once the door closes Calum goes over to Sarah who is knocked out and starts running his hand through her hair. "My poor baby." He says. "We'll get this all figured out."