Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning with a terrible headache. My body was still super sore from all the damn beatings. I didn't realize how peaceful life can be on your own besides the fact that I can't go anywhere but school and here in order to protect myself from people who may see me and question. So for now I have to stay quiet and lay low. I walk into what's supposed to be the bathroom and look in the broken mirror to cover up all my scrapes and bumps until I look decent. I notice my head still is bleeding. Should that concern me? Maybe I slept the wrong way and hit it to make it bleed I don't know and honestly I could care less. I finish getting ready and ate a granola bar and packed a water for myself. I walked the 2 blocks to the school.

I have been in school for about an hour now and so far I have had the simple every day looks. Thankfully no one has said anything. I walk over to Katie and Josh. I'm really praying that they wont be mad at me. As soon as I get over there Katie gives me a huge hug. I'm biting my lip trying so hard not to wince in pain from my ribs. "Girl it has been way to long. I mean no call no text then you block us out for 4 months what the hell is going on?" I just look at the floor as tears begin to brim my eyes. "Sarah what's wrong?" Katie asks as tears start to fall from my eyes. "Sarah?" I hear a familiar voice call. I look up seeing my teacher Mr.Hemmings crouching down to my height. "Sarah what's wrong honey?" He asked. I didn't say anything as I started to feel my tears streaming down my face. "Come on love lets go to my office and have a chat." I nod as he guides me to his office. We walk in and I see your guys. They look super familiar. But where from? "Ok have a seat and calm down then we will talk ok." He told me as I looked at the four guys already there sitting. They look at me sympathetically. I hate all the attention. I hesitantly sit down on the chair I usually sit.

After I calm down a bit and relax I see Mr.Hemmings looking at me. "Ok Sarah you wanna talk about why I found you in the hallway crying?" He asked. This made the four unknown guys look at me again. I gulped. I wasn't gonna tell him the truth. "I'm just hormonal I guess." I shrugged. That's the best thing I could think of and it seemed right. It was around that time anyways so it doesn't matter. "What made you cry though? I know hormones make you cry but they have to be triggered." He tells me. I just shrug. Man this guy asks to much if me. "I guess the fact I haven't seen my friends in a while I guess." He sighs and looks at one of the guys that looks kinda like Mr.Hemmings. I think that guy is his brother. "Ok then. Well since your here I want to introduce you to these four. This is Ashton, Michael, Calum, and my brother Luke." He says. I smile slightly and wave. "Hi I'm Sarah." I say. I see Luke squint his eyes at me. "You don't happen to be Sarah Knox would ya?" He asked. Then it clicked back to me. Those four were the four guys from the bus stop. Oh this can not be good. I nod and hesitantly say "yes I'm Sarah Knox." He nods and hands me a card. I look at it and see its my school id. But how? "I think you dropped this when you went running away from us." He says. Shit those are the guys from the bus stop. I quickly get pulled out of my train of thought when Mr.Hemmings speaks. "Sarah why were you at the bus stop? And why didn't you eat breakfast?" I looked at him trying to make up a lie. Anything. "Well you see I eat at home then I come to school. And I was taking a walk when I took a break at the bus stop so I must have dropped my id out of my pocket." I say making it sound like I'm not lying but not trying to hard. I see the one called Ashton walk up. "So why did you look all beat up?" He questioned. Shit what do I say what do I say??!!?? Suddenly the bell rings. Thank you god. I grabbed my id and backpack and ran out. I really hope they stop questioning me.

The day is going by so fucking slow. And to make things worse is I'm gonna be in biology next with a whole bunch of doctors a curious teacher and massive head aches. And to be the cherry on top in having dizzy spills now. This day is really pushing my luck isn't it. I sigh and continue my work. Before I knew it the bell rang. Well off to hell we go. I say to myself. I walked to biology with Katie and Josh. But Josh has practice right now so he leaves me and Katie at the door to biology. Right before we go in Katie grabs my arm and pulls my aside. "Are you sure your ok? In every class your blanking out. And to make matters worse is you cant even walk straight. What is going on Sarah I'm worried." She tells me. I exhale and just as in about to speak I see a body come out the door. Shit this is just fucking great. I tell myself. Its Luke Mr.Hemmings brother. I roll my eyes which causes yet another dizzy spill. Man I just fucking hate today.