Chapter 3

4 months have passed since my mother announced she was getting married to my worst nightmare. And everyday of my life is a living hell. The only get away I have is when I'm at school with my friends, but that only last 8 hours. I would talk to my friends about what's gong on but they'd most likely call the cops. It kills me to not tell them everything I mean they are my only and closest friends. I barely ever have visible markings but the times I do I make up some lie.

Being in school not only do I have Katie and John but recently I have been getting closer to Mr. Hemmings. I don't want to get too close though. I don't want him to find out what's been going on he'll only make things worse. Speaking of Mr. Hemmings I'm currently in his class. I'm thinking about all the shit that has been happening and how much my mom doesn't under stand that she is moving way to fucking fast with an abusive piece of shit. "Um miss Knox would you like to escape your lala land and explain to me what I just said." Mr. Hemmings says knocking me out of my thoughts. I just shook my head and in return he gave me a sigh. "Miss Knox I would like to see you after school today." He said and turned to the person next to me "Brian which means Higher than normal blood pressure. Hypertension or Hypotension?" He asks. "Hypertension sir." Brian answers. "Good job!" Mr. Hemmings says in return.

The rest of the day was long. I was excited when the bell rung indicating it was time to leave. As I was heading to my locker I was stopped by my teacher Mr. Hemmings. "Hello there Sarah. Did you forget about our chat?" He asked. "Well if we are being honest I never forgot I was hoping you'd forget..." I said trailing off. He looked at me sympathetically and smiled. "I would never forget when I want to have a chat with one of my students. Come on get your stuff and head to my class yeah." He said making me nod in response. After I got my stuff we headed to his office which was next to his class room. Where on his desk he had his name tag that read 'Jack Hemmings'. He sat down in his seat pulling out his lunch pale. Don't get me wrong this isn't the first time I stayed after with him. It was actually quite peaceful. "So I notice you have been dozing off into lala land during class. Wanna talk about it?" He asks pulling out a granola bar and passing it to me. "Its just... I have been having a lot of thoughts running through my mind that's all." I say in response to his question. He nods. "So you wanna talk about some of those thoughts?" I just shrugged my shoulders. No one in the school knows about what happens at home and that's how I want it to stay. I already have a plan set to run away soon once I turn 18 so I have my life in order. "Do you have any of those thoughts in your other classes or just mine? And are they harmful thoughts?" I looked at my feet. "They come at random. And they aren't harmful thoughts just overthinking." I wasn't looking but I could tell he was nodding. "Sarah I do care about you if something is ever bothering you I'm here and I'll always make time for my students. You know that right?" I could feel my tears starting to brim. I don't want to cry not right now. And most certainly not Infront of him hell know something is going on. I just nodded still looking down. He sighs. "Well I'm glad you know. So I have some fun news about tomorrow for class. I didn't tell the whole class but I'm telling you yeah." I could tell he wanted to change the subject. Also cause I knew I was his favorite student which I didn't mind at times but still. I looked up at him once I knew my eyes were no longer watery. "What's the fun news?" I asked excited. You see I love the surprises in biology cause they were always the best. "Well my brother and his 3 best friends are going to be guess speakers tomorrow for the class. And I told him so much about you and he wants to meet you. So I was thinking how about we all go out tomorrow for lunch. How does that sound." I looked shocked and surprised no one ever talks about me in a good way. I guess Mr. Hemmings does care. "That sounds like fun." I say with a smile. Although it's gonna be kind of awkward with me going out to lunch with four guys I don't know and one I do. "Ok great I'll see you tomorrow in class then cause the bell is gonna ring any moment. And I have to get home to get some rest." He told me looking up from his watch. I nodded and grabbed my bag and headed out.