chapter 7

(Sarah P.o.v)

I woke and washed up. It's been about a week since I had that surgery. I have been at Mr. Hemmings house along with his brother and his friends. I came out of the shower and dressed in Nike compress shorts and one of Luke's shirts that he "loaned me". No I totally stole it from him. "Hey princess... Isn't that one of my shirts?" Luke asks while sitting on the foot of the bed. "Ugh...." I say and then he cuts me off. "It's fine. It suits you." I just laugh awkwardly. "We need to talk." Just by those words thoughts run through my head.

Are they gonna kick me out as well?

Am I in trouble?

Shit what's gonna happen to me?

I was interrupted from my thoughts when luke looked at me confused at my sudden change of mood. "You good babes?" I just nod and sit next to him. He wraps his arm around my shoulders. "So.... What do we have to talk about?" I ask getting tired of waiting. "We have to talk about this with all the guys." He says slowly. I just nod my head. We get up and walk downstairs to Michael and Ashton playing FIFA and Calum talking with Mr. Hemmings. "Hehum" luke clears his throat. This cause all the guys to stop what their doing and look up at us. "Ah Sarah how are you feeling love?" Ashton asks. "I'm good." I say sorta not liking all the attention. "Sarah we all have to talk to you about something important please have a seat." Mr. Hemmings says while sitting down. I sit down next to him and he throws an arm around me and starts playing with the ends of my hair. "Babe we have some news..." Calum starts. I nod telling him to go on. He sighs. "Your parents are being arrested for abuse." He says.

My eyes widen. My blood boils. My fist and jaw clench. My mom is in jail. The only person I have ever had. In prison because of me. I know what she had let happen sucked but she is still my mom. Mr.Hemmings pull me into a sideways hug. Then my thoughts start.

What will happen to me?

Am I gonna be put through the foster care system? I cant do that.

I start to feel a sharpness in my chest. Is this what a heart attack feels like? Next thing I know I have tears falling down my face and I begin to have trouble breathing. "Shh love your alright come here." Calum says calmly. I walk over to him really fucking shaky and literally gasping. He pulls me into his arm and holds me there. "Breathe baby girl. Take nice slow deep breaths." He tells me. I try but fail tremendously. He places my ear against his chest so i can hear his heart beat. If I'm being honest it sounds quiet peaceful.

10 minuets passed and I was starting to actually feel really tired for some reason. As I was in the middle of yawning again for the 5th time within these few 10 minuets and I heard a chuckle. I look to where the sound was coming from and I saw Luke with a smile on his face. "Get some sleep love. Your body is tired." He tells me calmly. I nod and lean my head on Calum's lap. And fall asleep.

I wake up not know how long I slept for. I look around and notice I'm in the guest room that I currently use. The sun was gone it was pitch black. The house was completely silent. I stand up from the bed and walk downstairs. As I get down there I see a tall figure standing up with his arms open. It looks like Luke. His hugs are the best. I head into this figures hold and next thing I know I'm being pushed away and I fall to the ground. Or at least what I think is the ground. Instead its like the ground formed a hole. And I fell right through it. As I was falling I saw clips and images of my past. My mom on her 29th birthday and I was only 6. I remember that. My dad and my mom marrying after I turned 8. Then the time I got my best friend Rufus. I loved those memories so much. Then as I fall farther I see memories I dread. The day my dad got arrested. The day my mom got together with Chris. The day my life all went down hill. The day I dread the most. Meeting that sick awful fucking man that deserves to rot in prison! The day he killed my best friend.

"Sarah! Sarah!" I was being shaken awake. I open my eyes and sit up with a gasp and tears falling freely. Luke pulls me into one of his big brother hugs stroking my hair in a soothing way. "Did you have a bad dream sweet thing?" He asks me. All I could do was nod. I couldn't trust my own voice right now. No way in hell. All I wanted was just quiet and Luke's comforting hugs. "What happens to me now?" I ask finally getting my voice back. "Well me and Calum get your permission to adopt you and then we get a judge to confirm the process and then you'll live with us forever." He says like it's no big deal. I let the words sink in. Adoption. Live with the guys forever. I let a big smile come onto my face as I hug Luke tightly. "I would love for you to adopt me!" I exclaim happily. "Good cause we already have a judge who confirmed the process so you had no choice." He smiles cocky. I just laugh. "Thank you Luke." I hug him and feel him hug back. "Your welcome sweety." I start to cry and Luke wipes them away. "Lets get your stuff packed so we can get you to your new home." "Wait what?" I asked confused. "Well we don't live here we live in California." He tell me slowly. My eyes widen. "What about all my friends and my school? What about mr.hemmings?" I ask.