Revelations and Realizations

-Subaru's old room-

=Earlier that night=

When Beatrice asked the question to Emilia and Rem, both wanted to explain to them what happened however they couldn't because of the three frightened children being in that room. So they waited until they slept in Frederica's embrace before explaining to them what exactly happened with great difficulty on both of their parts.

Rem had told them that knights came to ask them about Emilia camp's return from the Pleiades Watchtower.. And they also asked about Subaru which made them all, even Emilia, frown at that.

Then she described her battle with them. How she fought them because they wanted to take Subaru away for unknown purposes. Frederica had chided Rem there, telling her she was too rash and reckless, although she agreed in regards to how insolent that one knight was.

Rem carried on. She detailed Ram's appearance and finally Subaru's surprise arrival. Where he somehow lifted all four knights into the air in an unknown way, then slammed them to the ground all the while he was laughing.

Making them all look at one another for any answers. Emilia, Beatrice, and Garfiel had a suspicion as to what it was. The ability that he dubbed 'Invisible Providence' was the only answer. A power that Garfiel once experienced. The same power that was the key in defeating Regulus Corneas.

Then came the hardest part to tell for Rem. The three knights who showed up afterwards.

"He..laughed while dangling the knights in front of them. Then one of them attacked him with an Ul Goa. There was too much smoke, I-I thought he was h-hurt or worse!" Rem tore up as she said that. "Rem hoped and prayed he was safe... And he was, I don't know how, but Subaru-kun was unharmed. Almost as if he wasn't hit by it."

Most of them looked befuddled by this since Beatrice wasn't anywhere close to him to use, what they thought was, EMM. Meanwhile, Beatrice felt more sad and useless at the possibility that Subaru had contracted another Yin spirit. She hugged his pillow even tighter.

Rem began recalling the next part. The most horrific part of her story.

"H-He did something to the knights. I don't know h-how.. but.." Everyone's eyes aside from Emilia's were in complete curiosity and in full attention at what Rem was going to say next.

"In a second two knights' legs went flying. The third one's hands followed along. I-I thought it was Nee-sama, so I looked at her and she had the same reaction as me." She stared at her sister's unconscious form as she said that.

The rest of the room were all pondering how that happened.

"So the blood, Garfiel smelled earlier was-" Otto chimed in before being interrupted.

"It was theirs," Rem said with a haunted look.

"Subaru-kun said a speech to them a-about disrespecting him, and a-awarding them..." Rem's breath hitched. She didn't want to continue telling the next part.

"He.. did something to them..i-it wasn't.. Rem never thought Subaru-kun would do something like that.." Her face paled at the memory.

"Rem? I could see that you are troubled by sharing this. You do not have to if it's too much." Frederica tried to soothe her and calm her down while she was on the bed being embraced by 3 sleeping girls.

Rem shook her head. "He, Rem doesn't know how, but he made it so their bones began breaking, their bodies were getting crushed. The noises were too much for Rem, so I turned away.. I kept telling Subaru-kun to stop.. B-but he kept laughing...T-then I woke up here."