A Most Wonderful Dream

Darkness has begun to set in after riding for what seemed like an eternity. Subaru was, once again, trying to put as much distance between himself and anyone else that would be chasing him as possible.

Meanwhile, the newest addition to the group was taking in the sights with amazement. She'd occasionally linger her gaze at things she hasn't seen before, whether it was wildlife or a new variety of scenery. Or interact happily with Patrasche. She even tried interacting with him several times, whenever they take breaks, but his answers were short as he stayed focused.

"Where are we traveling to, Onii-chan?" She inquired after realizing she forgot to ask that.

"Town of Mirula." He answered. It was a half-lie, he was heading to the Augrian Sand Dunes but he recalled that town was the closest thing to it. He wasn't going to divulge what he wanted to do to someone that just joined in.

"Mirula?" She paused to think. She'd heard that name before but couldn't recall it. "Is it far?"

"Kinda."

He recalled it was at least a two months trip, but with Patrasche they might make it in less time. That is if nothing interferes and if he doesn't die of mana poisoning either.

Sistine said nothing but seemed genuinely excited about that. A faraway place meant more places to see for her.

They had been riding through the road that was surrounded by the forest until at last, they came out to a clearing with a small lake nearby. A good place to stay the night, Subaru thought.

"Patrasche, let's make camp here." Subaru called out to his companion who let out an agreeing roar.

"Finally!" Sistine chimed in, before realizing her mistake. "Sorry Patrasche, but I can barely feel my legs." She spoke gently to Patrasche as she dismounted from her.

Sistine began stretching her legs, one foot at a time, to get rid of the saddle sores. She was also enjoying the scenery before her. The moonlight shining on the blades of grass and the sound of the running water from the nearby lake and the smell of nature nearby, as well as the chilling breeze of the night, brought a sense of calm and peacefulness to her.

"Want me to unpack the bags?" She offered the same way she did whenever they took a break, however, Subaru had already unpacked the stuff from Patrasche such as the sleeping bags and cooking utensils. Then they started being organized around them, almost as if they were floating from one direction to the next. She was wondering how he was doing this, before concluding that it was his magic.

"Hmm... In that case, I'll get wood for the campfire." She looked towards the nearby trees and started moving towards the closest one and collecting any fire-worthy branches or fallen wood. Although Subaru simply waved his hand several times towards the same tree and a second later it split into separate parts with a lot of wood, branches, and logs falling around.

She was disappointed, as he kept taking things into his own hand, but tried to not let it get to her. Instead, complimented him on his magic. "Wow, your affinity for wind must be really strong. Not only do you make so many things float but you can also do amazing things like chopping an entire tree down in an instant."

'Wind affinity? I guess that's how Hopeless, Cor Leonis and Invisible Providence seem to others.' Subaru thought after hearing her words.

Wind affinity? Oh, how right she is! If only Nee-sama was hearing this. I bet you Rem-rin would want us to be her sister's horn instead of her hahaha.

He heard Pride's voice in his mind, but he ignored it and focused on the priorities.

Sistine was going to pick up the lumber before it started flying toward where Subaru and Patrasche were and unceremoniously dropped at their feet. "Hey, leave some for me!" She puffed her cheeks and her eyebrows furrowed with a displeased frown appearing on her face. "Honestly.." She murmured to herself as she felt useless to do anything.