A Surprising Offer

"Dabi!"

Dabi groaned as he heard Zeha's enraged footsteps after his latest fight, not wanting to deal with him after the week he'd had.

Shoto's still pissed because I won't let him fight, and I still have to find a new way to get extra money now that the side job is a bust.

Dabi tilted as Zeha approached, ignoring his furious expression as he asked, "What is it now, Zeha? I don't remember making Hokubo learn any new weapons, so what's the problem?"

Zeha's eyes twitched at Dabi's words, the little reminder about when his daughter asked him to teach her about knives making him even angrier.

This fucking...

He bit his lip until it drew blood, gritting through his clenched teeth, "The problem is that a hero has been digging around for a scarred man with blue fire. He's asking questions about one of my fighters, Dabi. Do you see the problem now?"

Dabi flinched at Zeha's words, "Fuck..."

I didn't think he'd get curious enough to ask around...

Most heroes would have ignored it when they encountered someone dangerous. They would have left it to become someone else's problem, just like they left the more dangerous parts of Aichi for someone else to deal with.

Dabi packed up his things quickly, ignoring Zeha's glare as he left the moved to leave, "Thanks for the heads up Zeha. Glad you aren't completely useless."

Zeha clenched his fist, trying to find out whether he could get away with killing his daughter's teacher without Hokubo getting mad at him.

I've got a chance if I ambush him when he's not looking... but hokubo has been improving a lot since Dabi started teaching her. Even if she says the training is hell I can tell she appreciates his advice.

Zeha clicked his tongue, ignoring Dabi's cocky smirk as he left.

"Whatever. Just figure your shit out or find a new job. I'm not keeping a fighter that will have me on the hero's bad side."

Dabi's smirk fell as Zeha left, knowing that Zeha would keep good on his threat.

Dammit.

He left the building, moving through the alleyways as he made his way home.

I can't lose this job. No one else will hire me and Shoto needs the money...

He clenched his jaw as he weighed his options, knowing that he couldn't lose his job.

I don't want to risk getting in trouble for killing a hero but-

'tap'

He paused as he heard the sound of soft footsteps land behind him, lighting a small fire in his palm as he tried to contain his growing rage.

Maybe It's worth the risk.

Dabi turned around, the fire in his palm dying out as his quirk was negated. The yellow goggles and black hair of the hero had fucked up his entire week staring back at him.