Sho

"You have a pretty nice funeral, you know."

Shoto kicked his brother in the shin as they sat in a coffee shop. His funeral procession was being played on national television, a week after his death.

"It's not funny..."

Touya snickered at his brother's pout, the bagel he was snacking on getting all over him as they watched the television.

"Relax Sho. The procession is just symbolic anyway. The actual funeral probably happened already."

Shoto huffed as he ate his meal, not wanting to talk about his funeral like it was a new toy.

Even if it is symbolic it's still my funeral...

Shouto mumbled into his food, his eyes downcast as he asked, "... Do you think they'll show up?"

Touya flinched, berating himself as he noticed their family was nowhere in sight.

Damnit...

He sighed, using a napkin to wipe off some of the crumbs on Shoto's face, "Probably not Sho... He won't want to be in public right now... and Natsuo and Fuyumi..."

He gulped as he thought of how they were taking the news. He knew they'd gotten over him but he didn't know how they'd handle losing Shoto.

Hopefully, they miss him...

Touya shook his head, "They probably aren't in the best state right now..."

Shoto looked down, feeling a stab of guilt as he thought of Fuyumi and Natsuo. The times they used to play together before his quirk developed and training started. The times when they could play soccer and beat Natsuo in video games because he was just that bad at them.

Fuyumi... Natsuo... Mom...

Shoto finished his bagel, still mumbling as he picked at the table, "...do you think they'll be okay?"

Touya paused, Shoto's unsaid question ringing in his ears.

Without either of us there.

Touya shook the thought out of his head, "They'll have to be. Even if dad is mad he won't take it out on them. He's never cared enough about them to do that."

Not after he realized their quirks weren't what he wanted.

Shoto gave a small nod, turning back to the television as the funeral procession continued. Crowds of supporters lined the street wearing black, mourning his death and showing their support for Endeavor.

Touya took a sip of his coffee, a sudden thought occurring to him, "Hey, how was my funeral?"

Shoto turned to him, Touya trying his best to seem uninterested.

Shoto tilted his head, feeling glum as he remembered the small procession they had at Touya's grave, "It was sad... Fuyumi and I spent the entire time crying. Natsuo was..."

Shoto remembered his brother, and how he spent the entire time in stony silence. The only indication of him being alive was the tears that dripped down his face. Like he was a puppet that had his strings cut.

"Natsuo took it the worst."

Touya stilled a little in surprise, not expecting Natsuo to have been the one to take it the hardest out of all of them.

I thought it would be Fuyumi...

He shook his head, ignoring the guilt he felt as he asked in a quiet voice, "And mom and dad..."

Shoto looked down, hesitant to tell his brother something that would probably hurt him.

Touya paused, seeing Shoto's dilemma, "It's fine Sho, you don't have to tell me..."