Interlude pt. 3

Yeah, the worst that can happen was pretty bad.

"Yo punching bags, we're doing double the training for today. You don't get to go to school till you're done, and if you don't go to school I'll make you do triple for skipping school."

Sho watched as the life seemed to fade from Hokubo and Asui's eyes, a sentiment he shared as he frowned at his brother who was simply smiling like he did nothing wrong.

I should've punched him harder...

He wouldn't get the chance though because Dabi started their daily run, sorry daily two runs and they were forced to take off. No one noticed the way Dabi seemed to smirk to himself as they ran off into the distance,

........

Well, this should be good enough...

Dabi looked over at his little minions as they collapsed on the ground, all of them exhausted after the run and subsequent workout. Their ire was directed at him for making them do it while he simply whistled without a care in the world.

"Good job, you guys didn't croak. Color me impressed."

Shoto groaned as he glared at Dabi, trying to convey his displeasure as he struggled to catch his breath, "Why... huff... did we... huff... do this..."

You asshole...

Dabi snickered, "I had to test your limits, especially since we don't know what will be on the exam for UA."

That was a lie, Dabi knew exactly what was gonna be in the exam. The same thing that had been on last year's exam, and according to Hawks that was just destroying a bunch of robots.

The problem was that particular test didn't bode well for two of his pupils.

"All right, you three listen up, this is important."

Shoto, Asui, and Hokubo all stilled, focusing on Dabi as he took a no-nonsense tone. Knowing that this must be about the exam so they couldn't afford to take it lightly.

"The hero exams for most hero schools are coming up in a few months, and I need to make sure you all aren't gonna die. You're all applying to UA right?"

The three nodded, Dabi humming unsurprised as he nodded along.

Yeah figured...

"Well, change of plans, Asui and Hokubo, you both apply to Shiketsu as well. Sho you're fine just don't mess up, otherwise no Soba for a year."

Shoto shivered at the threat as Asui and Hokubo frowned, Asui speaking up since she wasn't one to shy away from a question, "Are you saying we're not good enough to get into UA, ribbit?"

I know I haven't been able to keep up during the quirk spars but I've never slacked off... I thought I could-

"Nah, you guys would crush the other wannabe heroes if you faced them, problem is that isn't what the exam is about."

Dabi clicked his tongue as he watched Asui and Hokubo tilt their heads in confusion, "Asui, what's your specialization."

"Rescue and recovery," Asui responded quickly, having chosen that a long time ago since it was in of the first things Dabi had told her to decide.

'You can't just go into heroics blindly. You have to figure out what kind of hero you're gonna be, otherwise, you'll just be another wannabe that got lost along the way.'

Asui had taken that to heart and devoted herself to becoming the best rescue hero she could be. A specialty she believed she could excel in due to her quirk and its usefulness, especially during natural disasters or storms.