First Day On The Job

"Take me with you."

"No."

"I won't get in the way."

"No."

"It will be good training for UA."

"No."

"I'll just sneak out."

"I'll take away your Gameboy."

Shoto flinched, frowning as he weighed the pros and cons.

"For how long?"

'Thump'

Dabi patted himself on the back as the nearby pillow connected with Shoto's face, not bothered in the slightest as he took it with a grunt.

This little brat...

"Go to sleep Sho. You have school in the morning, and I don't think taking my little brother to my new job is the best idea."

Shoto frowned, sighing as he sat down on the mattress, "Why not?"

It'll be good practice... plus you've been training me so shouldn't I be able to...

Dabi frowned, "Because I don't want a hero getting close to you before I'm licensed. He isn't exactly the friendliest person."

And I can't guarantee I'll be able to stop him if he finds out about you, so I'd rather not take that chance.

Dabi was glad that Shoto was still considered dead, but he didn't want to take any chances. Until he was sure Aizawa wouldn't connect the dots he wasn't risking anything.

The only way he would know is if he sees his quirk or if he worked on the case back then. Other than that it should be impossible to connect Sho to Shoto.

The video of his death was never released to the public, and besides the heroes and police that saw it when they worked on the case, no one else knew what Shoto looked like. The public never saw his scar and would only ever know him by the photo Endeavor put up before he got it.

Better safe than sorry though...

He pulled on the new trenchcoat he bought after the last one got torched, calling Shoto before he left, "Make sure to get some sleep. You still have training in the morning."

Shoto frowned softly as Dabi left the apartment, the soft click signaling his brother's first day as a hero.

I hope he does well...

He knew that Dabi would be a great hero, but he also knew that he didn't come off as friendly. The many arguments he had gotten into with Hokubo and Asui over if he was scary or not were proof of that.

He'll be fine... the person who hired him will see how good he is.

He stifled a yawn as he lay on his mattress, feeling comforted by his fading thoughts as he drifted off to sleep.

What's the worst that can happen?

.............

"Took you long enough."

Dabi cursed under his breath as he made it to the alleyway from their last fight, trying to remember that he was technically talking to his new boss.

Annoying silent bastard...

He let out a controlled breath, turning back to see Aizawa leaning against the wall.

"I was busy. Had to buy a new coat after the last one got dusted."

And I had to make sure Shoto didn't follow me along when he has school tomorrow...

He shook his head as he walked up to the scorched alleyway, burnt trash and shards from the window scattered everywhere, "So I just have to clean everything huh..."