Chapter Seven

The next morning when Penny woke up, she quickly looked around not recognizing where she was at first. She rolled over and realized she was in her brother's room, the striped blue comforter that swallowed her smelt like him. When she sat up she saw her brother still asleep on the floor, she frowned slightly why was he in the floor? She stood up and softly walked over to him, kneeling over slightly so she could brush his hair out of his face as she looked down at him and smiled at her brother. She quietly tiptoed over to the closet where her new clothes were neatly hung and the shoe boxes were stacked on top of each other. She reached in and pulled out a light pink skirt and a pink and white top. She carefully stepped over her brother and changed in the bathroom. When she finished changing and pulling her hair back she went back over to her brother, deciding it was time to wake up, someone had announced that it Nat had made breakfast a few moments ago and she kind of wanted to meet JARVIS, she'd never seen him around the compound but she hear his voice several times; she was starting to think that he was some type of technology and not an actual living person.

"Pete." She whispered softly, shaking her brother who was sleeping with his covers almost completely over his head now; Peter only groaned and turned back over, shoving his face into the pillow that he must've pushed away from himself at some point. "Pete!" she whispered a little louder, not wanting to make him jolt awake. When he still didn't wake up she started to gently shake him, "Petey, it's time to get up."

Peter sat up still half asleep, "I'm up, I'm up." he slurred, rubbing his eyes; his hair sticking up in different directions.

Penny laughed at her brother when he yawned and pulled the blanket back over his shoulders and laid down, shoving his face back into his pillow.

"No...Pete you gotta get up. Miss Nat's already made breakfast." she announced, poking his arm slightly.

"Five more minutes Wands..." he mumbled.

"I'm not Wanda, I'm Penny." She giggled and started to shake him again.

Peter pulled the blanket farther over his head and groaned once again.

"Pete..." Peter still didn't wake up. After thinking of what to do for about ten minutes Penny pulled the covers off of her brother and started to shake him again. "Pete you gotta get up." she announced,

Peter sat up and yawned "Fine....I'm awake." he stretched his limbs out, "I'm up now..." he replied, rubbing his eyes again

"Good, now stand up." she replied, trying to pull him upright and failing.

"Why?" he asked.

"Well you'll go back to bed again Pete. You gotta get dressed; Miss Nat made pancakes with bacon and oatmeal...Mister JARVIS told me." she replied, almost falling when he moved.

"Sounds good." he replied, chuckling slightly at his sister who was trying to pull him up to a standing position, it reminded him a little of Morgan when she tried to pull him out of his bed.

"Mhmm," she responded, "I don't know about you Petey, but I'm hungry, so come on..." she replied, pulling at his arm again, her feet shuffling against his carpet.

"Alright, alright..." he replied laughing, "Why don't you get your shoes on and I'll get dressed when you leave. Promise."

Penny nodded and walked over to the closet and pulled out a pair of white converse out of the box and stacked it in front of the others. She put her shoes from yesterday back in the box and stacked the box on top of the other shoe boxes, keeping her space clean had been something she'd taught herself to make everything seem bigger than the actual size of her room that she had at her old home and she wanted to make sure she kept Peter's room as clean as possible, it was the least she could do. She looked for the clothes hamper when Peter stood up and pulled down the laundry shoot lid. She walked over and put her clothes in it and he closed it behind her.