Chapter Eighteen

Penny woke up early to get another shower, her hair felt oily, even though she'd washed it the previous day. It was around 6AM, the morning light was slightly shining through the window through her curtains that were pulled open. She slowly and reluctantly got out of the bed and climbed into the shower. She stood there with her thoughts, thinking about what the day was going to hold for her as she let the warm water run over her. Almost thirty minutes later she stepped out onto the rug and dried herself off, tugging on her underclothes and a pair of shorts. She gently hung up her towel and took the blow dryer into her bedroom, leaving the bathroom open for her brother in case he needed a shower as well. Right when she turned the blow dryer on, there was a knock on her door. She set the blow dryer down on her vanity and pulled on a large t-shirt that she'd stolen from Peter.

"I'm coming." she called pulling her hair out of the neckline of the shirt.

Penny opened the door and saw Wanda who was already ready, the redhead's hair was braided back and pinned up, her make up already finished as she looked at the younger teenager.

"Do you need any help Peanut?" she asked

"Ummm.... Could you uh help me with my hair?" she asked, it took a good while for her to blow dry her hair since it was so thick and long; and since it was curly it often had the habit of growing frizzy if she didn't do it the right way.

"Sure, I can dry it much quicker than a blow dryer." the redhead replied, slipping into the room.

"H-how?"

"Trust me Peanut, I can do it in about ten minutes." the redhead replied, grinning at her softly.

"Oh...okay." she replied as she stepped to the side.

Wanda quickly walked over to the vanity; Penny shut her bedroom door and followed her over to where she was sitting.

The redhead motioned at the vanity stool. "Sit on the chair, peanut."

"Okay," Penny replied, sitting down; she pulled her legs into the chair and crossed them underneath herself.

After Penny had sat down, Wanda stood behind her finger combing her long locks before she picked up the blow dryer. The redhead turned the blow dryer over in her palms before turning on the machine and transferring its power to herself. Penny watched in the mirror as the redhead's hands started to glow their usual pretty red color. Wanda quickly started to use her powers and waved her hands over Penny's hair, the younger girls' chestnut brown curls slowly starting to dry. Penny smiled softly as she watched her curls drying under the older girl's finger tips. Wanda smiled softly at her in the mirror, and gently caressed the back of her head.

"That's so cool!!" Penny exclaimed when the redhead pulled her hands back, "How did you do that?" she exclaimed.

"Dr. Strange taught me; he showed me hot to control them." she replied, grinning at the younger girl. "He showed me how to use them, how to do more than just throw orbs of chaos magic and read minds."

Penny nodded her head slightly, "I wish I had powers like that...its so pretty." she whispered.

The older girl patted her arm slowly, "You are perfect the way you are peanut." she replied, "Trust me when I tell you that these powers weren't so good when I first got them...it was miserable peanut, the headaches...I couldn't control them." the redhead replied, the younger girl could tell that the older girl was scared of herself; she never realized that the teenager had been scared of herself.