Chapter Twenty-One

***TIME SKIP TO AFTER THE MEETING***

A little while later the group came out of the conference room and they made their way to the kitchen/living room area to get lunch. Steve looked over at Peter, and decided to ask the question that was bothering him.

"So Queens?" he asked.

The teenager looked up at him, "Yes, Captain Rogers?"

"How old is your sister?" the man asked.

Peter gave him a confused look since Tony had announced it earlier, "Oh, she's thirteen." he replied.

The man shook his head a little, "She's a little young to be a recruit." he replied softly, more to himself than anyone else.

"What?!" the brunet asked him, his eyes wide.

"Well she's a recruit right?" The man asked.

Peter started shaking his head, "N-no...absolutely not." he replied.

"Then why is she here?"

Peter looked confused.

Tony rolled his eyes and sighed heavily, "Haven't you been listening? The kid's aunt died...." he hissed.

The man gave the teenager a sympathetic look, "Oh. I'm sorry Peter."

"It's okay Captain Rogers." he replied quietly.

Tony sighed again, "So for your information Captain. Pete and Penny are now mine and Pep's personal responsibility. They lived here with us permanently." he repeated, "Did you hear me this time?" he asked sarcastically.

The man cut him a half-hearted glare at his tone but nodded, "Oh." was all he replied.

Peter ducked away when the billionaire started talking to the blond soldier, he felt slightly sorry for him, sometimes Mister Stark could be a little harsh with people. He saw Penny sitting on the couch; her head tucked down as she was reading, he could hear her whispering the words to herself as she read. He heard her sometimes in her room reading like that, reading out loud instead of to herself. He had a feeling that it was probably a way to get her mind off of things, Wanda did the same thing when she wanted to destress. He quietly tiptoed up behind her and sneakily grabbed her shoulders, making her jump a little before she broke out in a fit of giggles when she realized it was him. He jumped over the back of the couch, knowing Pepper or Nat would definitely fuss at him for it if they'd seen him.

"Are you hungry princess?" he asked, tilting his head to the side, a stray curl falling into his eyes.

"Hmmm?" she asked.

He grinned, "Are you hungry? Mister Stark had JARVIS order Chinese food for lunch." he announced, his stomach rumbling.

She shrugged, "Oh...I guess so." she replied.

He stood up and grabbed her hands, making her close her book, "Then come on then," he teased slightly, guiding her to the kitchen.

Before they even reached the kitchen, the smell of kung pao chicken and the different types of dumplings reached their noses. They smiled a little at each other; Penny realized she was hungrier than she thought. Peter laughed a little when her stomach grumbled, causing the younger teen to lightly elbow him in his side. He dodged her next attempt to elbow him when he snickered a few moments later when it happened again; he ran into the kitchen and ducked behind Tony making the younger girl glare at him. The billionaire laughed a little at the fifteen year old using him as a human shield.