Chapter Forty-Seven

Penny woke up at five a.m. on Monday morning, she excitedly threw off the pale green duvet cover that she'd gotten for her birthday and climbed out of her bed. She slipped on a pair of slippers and grabbed a towel off of the coat rack behind her door and walked over to her dresser. She grabbed another oversized t-shirt and some under clothes before slipping into the bathroom to get her shower. The brunette stripped herself from her pajamas and pinned her curls up on top of her head to avoid getting wet before she stepped into the shower. She turned the water on and let the hot water cascade over herself, using her powers to keep her stitches and hair dry. Fifteen minutes later, she stepped out onto the soft striped rug in the bathroom that she shared with her brother and started drying herself off. A few moments later, she had pulled on the t-shirt and her underclothes and walked out of the bathroom and into her bedroom. She pulled the clip out of her hair, letting her long, hip length curls unravel themselves. She sprayed them down with detangler and ran her comb through them before pulling a section up and starting to braid it back before pinning it up into a bun. She used her powers to hold a mirror and angle it to see how her hair looked. She smiled proudly to herself when she saw her handiwork, mentally thanking Yelena and Wanda for showing her how to braid her hair in different ways. She started digging around in her dresser, looking for an outfit to wear for her first day back to school in almost two months. She settled on a high-waisted pair of floral patterned navy blue shorts and a cropped matching blouse that was decorated with small ribbons on its sleeves; it effectively covered her stitches, the small black thread had yet to be removed just yet. She put back on the gold opal necklace that Peter had given her from May before walking back over to her bed and unplugging her phone. She stuffed it in her backpack along with her laptop that she rarely used. The brown-eyed teenager slung the bag over her shoulder and draped one of her brother's sweatshirts over her arm while slipping on her flats before she walked over to the door. She walked downstairs to where her brother and Yelena already were. Peter was seated at the counter, nibbling on his first round of french toast and blueberries; he turned around to face the fourteen year old and grinned at her.

"Morning princess." he greeted.

She offered a toothy smile and a small wave, "Mornin' Petey." she greeted.

He pulled out the stool next to him, "Sit here," he replied, patting the top of it as he nibbled on a handful of blueberries.

She nodded and placed her backpack by the door where the other two teen's backpacks were and walked over to where he was seated. He pulled her stool closer to him once she settled down and put a couple pieces of French toast and a handful of blueberries on her plate before setting it in front of her. She thanked him and started slicing up the pieces of the fried bread while he stuffed another bite of toast into his mouth. He tilted his head back moaning in happiness at the food, she grinned and sighed in content, feeling everything slipping back into normalcy, something that she'd missed during the past few weeks. A few moments later, the twins appeared downstairs; Pietro was in his usual ripped, dark skinny jeans, fitted tee and jacket, his longer hair half pulled back in a ponytail. His sister had her red curls braided back, its end draped over her shoulder, with a small purple ribbon weaving its way throught the long braid. Her purple and black dress was paired with another set of decalled fishnets, platform combat boots, and a black leather jacket with a choker. The redhead made her way over to the coffee machine and fixed herself her first cup of the morning and used her powers to teleport a cup to where her twin was sitting. Pietro sat on Penny's other side and ruffled her hair, giving her the largest grin he could muster at the moment before taking a long sip of his coffee.

"Good morning princessa," he greeted.

"Good morning Pietro." she replied, giving him a large smile.