The Boys Are Back In Town

Note - I have no idea why Wattpad decides to change all of my formatting into italics. Not what I want and takes forever to try to change back and doesn't always work. Extremely annoying for me and I'd assume for you too.

/ ( 0 v 0 ) \

Disclaimer – I solemnly swear that JKR owns everything Harry Potter. Whether or not I am up to no good with her characters is for you to decide.

/ ( 0 v 0 ) \

Harry Potter: Dragon Whisperer

Chapter 28 – The Boys Are Back In Town

4:00pm

Thursday, 25 August 1995

Papa Stour, Shetland Islands, Scotland

.

As soon as the portkey had released the five of them and Harry had recovered from his stumble, he looked around. They were near a collection of short, squat stone buildings with thick thatched rooves. Dirt paths led from one to another in a vague resemblance of a street and there were even some small flower gardens in evidence. It was obvious that, until fairly recently, this tiny hamlet had been inhabited.

The one thing that Harry didn't feel, was any pull on his magic, nor any desire to 'go away'. He raised a quizzical eyebrow at Charlie who moved closer and bent his head.

"It's because we're inside the wards," he whispered. "It won't affect us here."

Harry nodded in understanding.

"How many people live here?" Remus asked.

"Before we bought the island, there were seventeen muggles," Madam Grimblehawk replied. "They were all offered exceedingly generation compensation for moving."

"Glad to hear it," Sirius said.

"Everything that we're doing here is above board, there are no hidden tricks or under the table deals happening," she stated emphatically. "I would have it no other way!"

Harry smiled at her, very pleased to hear it.

"How many dragon handlers do you have so far?" Charlie asked.

For a second, she looked slightly embarrassed. "Just the one, I'm afraid. And there he is now!"

They turned to see a middle-aged man with a full salt and pepper beard striding towards them.

"Angus McNalty, I'd like you to meet Harry Potter, Charles Weasley, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin," Madam Grimblehawk introduced.

"Please, it's just Charlie," the dragon handler said to both of them as he shook Angus' hand.

"Mister Potter, a pleasure ta meet ya," Angus exclaimed, and Harry was sure that his arm was about to fall off with how hard it was being pumped. "I've read all your articles."

Harry blinked at him. "There hasn't been that many."

"Doesna matter," Angus replied. "A man who can talk to yon beasties, is a man ta listen to!"

"Charlie and Harry are here to get a feel for our new Reserve," Madam Grimblehawk stated.

"Yer no gonna get a chance ta see much, comin' so late in the day," Angus stated, "but I'm happy to show ya as much as I can."

"Perhaps if I could just get a chance to meet the dragons today?" Harry suggested, "and then we can have a proper look at everything tomorrow?"

"Aye, that sounds like a plan," Angus replied. "How'n are ya thinking of doin' tha'?"