Astraeus Claims the Broken ∼ 9

It had taken them a while to get situated. Firstly, Jake wanted to have a family meeting that basically boiled down to: Sullies stick together. Tcelia had felt slightly uncomfortable as she sat there, feeling like an imposter. She hadn't repeated the phrase like the rest of the family had and luckily no one had seemed to notice. But it wasn't because she didn't agree with it, however, if given the opportunity, she would've liked to modify it slightly. Maybe something along the lines of: Sullies stick together plus Tcelia? Okay, her motto definitely needed some work, but she would get there eventually.

Secondly, they needed to coordinate their sleeping spots. The pod was large and could easily fit them all with space to spare. Tcelia usually slept besides Neteyam and figuring it would be the case for the pod as well, she had made her way towards his side to unroll her mat. But Tuk had quickly taken her hand midway and asked her if she could sleep next to her.

Tcelia couldn't say no to those big, hopeful eyes that stared up at her, and with a quick glance at Neteyam, who was rolling out his own sleeping mat with his back to them, she had agreed. And since Tuk also insisted on sleeping next to her mother, Tcelia was forced to sleep closest to the opening. This wasn't something she had any problems with, quite the contrary really. From her sleeping spot, she had a perfect view over the village and the ocean, and if she lay in just the right position, she could see the large animals roaming around in the water. She smiled to herself, almost giddy with the excitement for night to fall so she could watch the sea awaken with the bioluminescent wonders that the water offered.

Thirdly, dinner. Tsireya had reappeared later and asked them if they wanted to join the Metkayinas for dinner, and Jake had been quick to accept. As they made their way to the large bonfires, the kids spoke amongst each other in hushed voices.

They were walking behind Jake and Neytiri who were following Tsireya, who was dutifully answering Jake's string of questions; How do you build the pods? How long does it take? How many people are part of the tribe, blah blah blah. Tcelia felt a rush of affection towards Jake, who was obviously trying to make the best out of an unfortunate situation.

Further on, Tcelia could see Ao'nung sitting by one of the bonfires, a condescending smile plastered on his face as he gazed at the Omatikaya.

"If I have to look at Ao'nung's conceited face one more time, I think I might hit him," Lo'ak muttered, walking close to her so that no one else could hear him.

"He is the chief's son, Lo'ak. We have to respect him," She paused briefly, "Although if you do hit him, make sure you hit him hard."

Neteyam appeared at her other side, "No one is hitting anybody, guys." he narrowed his eyes at them. Tcelia and Lo'ak looked at each other, feigning confused looks before shooting Neteyam innocent smiles.

"Of course not, bro. Who gave you that idea?" Lo'ak responded then winked at Tcelia.

"Don't wink when you say that" Neteyam snapped, "it ruins the entire purpose of your statement."

"Of course, you are as always right," Lo'ak winked at Tcelia again. Tcelia covered her mouth with her hand as she laughed at Lo'ak's ability to get under Neteyam's skin so easily. They continued down the pathway, the two brothers bickering over her head.

Luckily, they stopped arguing when they arrived at the first bonfire. Tsireya had explained that dinner was separated into two groups. One bonfire for Na'vi who had completed their iknimaya, and one for the Na'vi who hadn't. Tsireya had also informed them that even though, technically Tcelia, Neteyam, Kiri and Lo'ak had completed their iknimaya, they hadn't completed the Metkayina iknimaya and so they couldn't join the "grown ups". Then Tsireya had noticed Jake and Neytiri hesitating, glancing unsurely towards the bonfire filled with teens and kids milling around, and she had hurriedly explained that 'of course, that didn't count for them' and 'the Olo'eyktan especially requested your presence at their bonfire'. So Jake and Neytiri had parted from them with a warning look, telling them to behave (it was mainly directed at Lo'ak though).