Chapter 30: Finale

All's well that ends well. They've earned a lot of popularity in the district, and with the heartfelt performances and stories behind the people who were with the theater show, Nana Noodleman—the retired theater actress— finally agreed to share her fortune to renovate the crumbled theater.

Aeon was right, her mother's post wasn't about coming here immediately, she was invited to a fashion show in Paris as an introductory singer. Crystal had long since calmed down, and after the show she participated in, the idea of coming back to Redshore wasn't terrifying for her anymore.

Speaking of, Aeon had already arrived at his destination and reassured her about the things between them. Somehow, he knew a lot of gangs over there and immediately fit right in. Half of his original brotherhood was there after all, his life doesn't look like it'll change anytime soon but that was fine too for her.

Her best friend got rid of her stage fright and had been the talk of the neighborhood, Crystal was the most boisterous of all of them, praising and proudly pointing out her elephant friend's capabilities with her talents, and even showing off their Meowtube.

Crystal didn't bother visiting her father, but she was surprised to have received a letter from him. Call it old fashioned, but seeing as the words brought no danger or risk of the gorilla escaping from prison, the police allowed it to get through, delivering it to her through Buster Moon who was the one they knew who could contact her. He was proud, it made sense in his letter. A little too much that Crystal had to cringe every six seconds. The other guys from RS had their own letters too, but her father's was enough for a day.

It honestly couldn't be any better for her than this.

... Well... almost...

Johnny had his hand intertwined with hers as they walked down the road, his face glowing a little brighter each day he's with her. It's the goofy boy she was with three years ago, Crystal wouldn't dare say she missed it... But she does nonetheless.

"Wanna go down for some coffee later?" he asks.

"Milkshake is fine. I like the ones at Wildflowers."

"Mocha Hazelnut?"

She laughs, shaking her head at him, "You remember that?"

Johnny pointed to his eye, "You would if you got punched for it."

Her eyes rolled to the side, "Well, it was your fault to begin with."

"Certainly was... But that might've been the best mistake I've made so far."

"Drop the corn and hurry up. We're going to miss the re-opening."

"Right, right," Johnny chuckles, speeding up the pace with her. It was only a few days, he can't exactly say they're together again, but this felt just right, so natural, their hands fitting together like a glove. He'll wait until she allows him to, that's what he swore to her that night. Little by little, Johnny will show her love like never before—and this time, he will never let go again, no matter what challenge he might face just to be with her.

"All creatures great and small. Welcome to the New Moon Theater!" Moon cuts the string, finalizing the grand re-opening of the theater he loved the most along with everyone who made all of this possible.

The camera flashes before their eyes, adding another memory he could hang to his own collection. Everyone was ecstatic, the shows will no more become a laughing stock but something they can look forwards to, Buster Moon and Nana Noodleman will make sure of that.

Honk honk

A Cougar 667 drove down the street, parking smoothly in front of the theater, no one knew who it was who decided to visit them, but no one expected a well known red-shaked douc step out of the vehicle, looking all stylish and glamorous in her luxurious collection.

"Wait... is that—"

"That's Cassandra Quinn, isn't it?"

"Oh my god, it's Cassandra Quinn."

"The diva queen is here?"

"What is she doing here?"

"Is she gonna perform here?"

Those were few of the whispers from everyone around. Blood drained from Crystal's face, her hands and feet ran cold in discomfort. She wasn't expecting her to be here exactly for this day, and it just stole all the excitement for the grand re-opening.

The diva queen of Redshore city, the entertainment capital of the world, Cassandra Quinn.

"My darling girl! Did you miss Mommy?!" she flashed a smile her way, making everyone turn to look at her.

Crystal felt a cold chill run down her spine, her hand slowly comes up to wave back at her a little, "Hi... Mom."

====================================

THAT'S IT FOR BOOK 1, PEOPLE!!!! For five years I've had this book, now it already reached 115k reads😭 Thank you so very much for taking your time to read this, especially the old crappy version of it before. Dang, this really lifts me up, finishing a book😂

Well, that's the end of Sing. I hope you liked it, thank you so much for the votes you've given it 😘 This might just be one of the best books I'm going to be proud of making. I hope it lifted your hearts up as well.