Chapter 9: Practice Hours

This shouldn't exactly be the part where she gets nervous. Crystal wasn't even exactly sure whether to accept the chance of getting in the show, but then again, there was no option said that she could back down, which makes it even more annoying to her.

"Crystal?!" Meena runs over with a smile upon seeing her best friend, "What are you doing here?"

"Hey, I heard you finally got in."

"Yeah... well, yeah, sort of. I'm still nervous though."

"Could you please slap me, 'cause I'm actually feeling the same thing. Me, being in this singing contest was not our plan here."

She gasps, "What? You're also... But how? When?"

Crystal sighs, dragging Meena inside, "We'll talk about that later."

The place isn't as crowded as she saw last time, so she had a better view of everything around here. The backstage looks like it'll crumple with just a few punch to the wall, not to mention the floor creaks with each step they make. There's also that smell around here, bur Crystal wouldn't want to keep that in mind for fear of whatever that may be.

"I'm so glad you're here, should we practice together? Or do you want to have your own space?"

"Maybe I should ask first whether Mr. Moon really agreed to it. It was Miss Crawley who called, after all. And what's worse, it's just because Johnny insisted it."

"He did? He's that singer whom Miss Crawley had been teaching piano upstairs."

She scoffs, 'So he still didn't learn anything after all that lessons I've given him.'

Seeing her friend's annoyed expression, Meena decided to change the topic. "By the way, have you already done the project? I'm having trouble with mine." Crystal can see it clearly, and she's very appreciative to have such a good friend. Worrying about a remnant of her won't be a good way to calm down from jitters. Instead, they searched for the old iguana to claim their practice spot in the theater.

Of course there would be two spaces available, all these uncertainty blocked logic out of there minds. Two contestants quitted so it's only natural they'll take that place.

"I still think we should practice together," Meena tugged at the girl's sleeve.

"I am so not practicing anything," Crystal pulls a cringed face as she glanced at the paper with songs that Mr. Moon chose for her. She didn't expect him to remember her, but making her sing one of these hardest high noted songs in history is just a little too off chart for her talents. The girl does even know if she could sing that high. "I don't wanna risk getting complaints from all other singers here."

"Who asks for noise complaint in a personal space's rehearsal," Meena chuckles. "Beside's, you're good at singing. You'll do just fine."

'Let's hope you're right about that,' Crystal mentally sighs.

It took a while but Johnny had just gotten in the theater for piano lessons when he suddenly sees a familiar figure behind one of the glass windows that separated each singers for their own personal practices. He had to admit, it was nerve wracking to think that Crystal would be here by the start of the day. His heart pounded in every single minute he ate, and every distance he'd narrowed towards the building. Johnny wanted to just go there and hang out with her again when Miss Crawley caught his wrist.

"Goodness, you're late, Johnny. Quickly now, we still have lots to learn for your performance," she urged themselves up to the second floor, ridding him the chance to get at least a little bit more closer to the girl he likes.